Lowest prices for your stay
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
US$489
View deal
Snaptravel
7,248 results
All reviews water taxi express pass beach pool west wing city walk opera singers bay view mama dellas the club lounge boat ride beautiful hotel universal orlando early admission fast pass royal pacific harry potter the hard rock
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2021

It has great transportation to the Parks through a water Taxi and it feels just like you're in Italy, its very incredible and we always stay here! The hotel is always very clean, the staff is extremely friendly, and its always worth it to go here.

Date of stay: February 2021
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, General Manager at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

We appreciate and thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed the Italian charm of our resort, and enjoyed the many perks of staying at an on-site Universal Orlando resort. Our entire team is dedicated to making guests feel pampered and comfortable, while offering a scenic escape, and it is such a pleasure that we succeeded in giving you the star treatment. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again soon! Until then, ciao.

Reviewed 1 March 2021 via mobile

This is our 2nd stay at the Portofino Bay hotel. We have also stayed at Universal’s Hard Rock hotel & the Royal Pacific hotel.
I booked this time with American express’ fine hotels & resorts program which includes breakfast for 2, spa credit & a dinner.
— The Italian setting, particularly the bay, is pretty. I am irrationally bothered by Universal’s choice to faux paint much of the outside architectural features - feels a little cheap to me. Depending
upon where you go in the hotel there can be lots of stairs.
— the common areas have a noticeably nice smell.
— I enjoyed the ability to get info about the hotel, such as in room
Dining menus, or general questions, through texting.
— The rooms are comfortable enough - nothing special. Decor is pretty basic. I would prefer that the toilet be separated somehow From rest of bathroom. Water pressure & temperature is good in showers & sinks.
— Pools - we hung out at the beach pool because that’s where the bar was. There are 2 other quieter pools, villa pool & a small “hillside” pool.
— getting to the parks - a boat service is available. Most of the time, We choose to walk through the pretty garden walk that passes by the Hard rock Hotel.
— Parking - There are parking fees. I think it’s $28/day.

You can’t go wrong with any of Universal’s hotels that include the Express Pass. I like that the Hard Rock is
Closer to the parks than the Portofino, but I liked the package I got for the Portofino this time.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Goombagirl1

Reviewed 25 February 2021

We checked in early to get our EP and hit the parks. Left bags with bell services. We were pleased to receive an upgrade to a deluxe room which was closer to the boat dock. The ONLY thing I didn't like about the room was that it didn't have a tub. (I was under the impression the deluxe rooms had a tub and separate shower, but I could have been mistaken.) The tile shower was large and spacious, and the room itself was HUGE. More than enough room for me and my three almost grown kids. We enjoyed relaxing in the pool area on this trip. The boat ride to the parks is quick and relaxing. Captains Rob and Bonnie are excellent at their jobs and always make the trips entertaining. Plus, I love not having to wait around for busses. My son did have an incident at Citiwalk that we had to file a report for. Mr. Imperioli came to our room and handled it quickly and with great kindness. This is by far my favorite resort to stay at in the Orlando area.

3  Thank crochet145
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, General Manager at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2021

Thank you for your wonderful comments.
I am happy that you enjoyed our club level accommodations; it affirms the level of service we strive to provide to those who book this upgraded option.

Reviewed 23 February 2021

Awesome experience! Easy and fast check in and out. Easy parking but extra fee. Nice clean rooms with huge bathrooms with endless hot water. Nice size table to eat at. Building smelled wonderful. Water taxis’s were the bomb, especially after a long day at the park! Express tickets that come with the room are the cherry on the top! I would love to stay here every time I visit Universal!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Patricia T

Thank you for your wonderful comments.

Reviewed 21 February 2021

Really enjoyed our stay at Portofino!! Very friendly staff, excellent transportation and food options. The beach pool is to die for!!! Rent a cabana, you won’t regret it! Also love early admission and the express passes. Will stay again!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 469AprilG
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, General Manager at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2021

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, and will certainly share your comments regarding your positive experience with our food and beverage teams. Our villa pool offers a more relaxing atmosphere to guests while our beach pool is more upbeat with our poolside activities.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Until then, ciao!