“Busy day”

Ranked #8 of 456 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We have been before and it was busy! Line waits were long. We took Arba you the kids (12,9) being happy to do single riders - we even ended up in twos on a couple of rides by chance.
Always lots to see and take in! We were sorry we missed the opening of the fast and furious ride - looks like that will be fab. Firm favourites are still the Simpson’s, MIB, Harry Potter. Food choices were confusing and seem very pricey compared to previous visits (this may be the weak £). Great day though - wear comfy shoes!

UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello Lara,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your experience at Universal Studios. It's great to know that the Single Rider lines helped you and your family experience more attractions throughout your visit and that you got lucky enough to be paired up together for some attractions! I'm pleased to know that you were able to experience some of your favorite attractions from previous trips and we look forward to welcoming you back for our future attractions as well. I'm sorry that the food options were not as clear as previous visits and I appreciate the feedback you provided. If you would like to share any additional feedback about your visit I recommend that you contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or feel free to send an email to GuestServices@universalorlando.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

-Amanda

Write a ReviewReviews (33,168)
All reviews
in 1,484 reviews
"wait times"
in 763 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Make sure you check out the stunning Hogwarts lights show at Islands of Adventure before hopping on the Hogwarts Express to the Universal Studios Park. Once here, you’ll find Diagon Alley very cleverly tucked away behind a brick wall - prepare to be impressed at the ensuing sights! This was so magical as a lifelong HP fan, and I even had the opportunity to purchase a chocolate frog from Fred and George’s store.

The most intense ride here (and of all 3 parks in all honesty!) has to be the Rip Ride. I only managed this once, and still feel pretty scarred from how petrifying it was - BUT it’s a must do, and I’m so glad I forced myself to tick it off the experience list! Other notable mentions go to The Mummy rollercoaster, Woody Woodpecker (lighthearted fun and not scary at all) and The Simpsons. Shrek is a nice one too, if only for the nostalgia factor. Beyond this, there are opportunities to roam the streets of old Hollywood - diners, cars and all. This was so much fun to do at the end of the night, following a hard day at the parks.

In terms of taking this to a 5/5 score, similar to Islands, the waiting times are something else unfortunately. There has to be some other strategy around this - Volcano Bay’s TapuTapu band perhaps?

1  Thank rmm92

Hello,

Thank you so much for the kind words about your visit to Universal Studios. I'm so pleased to know that you loved experienced the Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle as well as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter as a whole. It's thrilling to know that you truly enjoyed every aspect of the immersive experience. It's great to hear that you were able to brave Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, and even though it was scary, you were able to conquer your fears and feel the rush of the attraction. I'm also pleased to know that you enjoyed other various attractions as well. My favorite is Revenge of the Mummy! I am very happy to know that you were able to enjoy your entire day from beginning to end and I appreicate the feedback that you provided about the wait times that you experienced. If you would like to talk about your experiences further I invite you to contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or send an email to GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I hope that we are able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We spent 3 days in Universal, both parks were really great. The food could be better, but the attractions are just ideal

UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello Krzysztof,

I'm so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time during your visit trip to Universal Orlando. It's great to know that you really enjoyed the various attractions throughout our parks, but I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the food as much as you were hoping. If you'd like to discuss your visit in further detail I invite you to contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I hope that we are able to welcome you and your family back soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were so excited to go to Universal finally, and our main reason was to see all of the fun Harry Potter things. We spent an enormous amount of money between airfare, staying at one of the properties, and a two-park ticket for three days. While the hotel was nice and the staff friendly, we were incredibly disappointed because the LONG LINES at every ride, prevented us from riding almost everything we came there for! We stayed at the one Loewes property that did not offer express passes. I realized immediately how necessary they were if we were going to be able to get on any rides. Imagine my surprise when I asked about purchasing express passes for my family of five, to find that the cost would be almost $1,000!! Even fir just my three kids it would have been roughly $500. How is this fair?? Obviously all of the money I spent was only for entrance to the park, because there is no way to realistically enjoy the majority of the rides! No Harry Potter, no Despicable me, no Kong, no Shrek. My kids ages 15, 13, and 10 were so disappointed. Finally, in order to ride the three rides we did, we went as single riders. Not a whole lot of fun. One of my children is hearing impaired, so it is unsettling to be separated at an overcrowded amusement park. I understand it is spring break, but this is unacceptable. Needless to say, I felt totally taken advantage of financially by Universal and greatly unhappy with our time spent at the parks. On a positive note, the Harry Potter architecture is amazing, and we had several pretty good meals at CityWalk. Most staff seemed friendly and hardworking.

6  Thank justatraveler904

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback regarding your recent trip to Universal Studios. Our goal is to provide our Guests with a fun-filled and relaxing time during their time with us and I'm sorry that this was not the case for you. While I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed both your hotel and the Team Members that you interacted with, I'm sorry that you were disappointed in the lines you encountered throughout your visit as well as the price to purchase Express Passes during your trip. It saddens me to hear that you were not able to experience all of the attractions that you were hoping to while you were here. I can completely understand your frustration regarding your experience and I recommend that you contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or send an email to GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I do appreciate the kind words that you provided regarding The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, dining experiences at CityWalk and Team Member interactions. I hope that we are able to speak with you soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The park had some good rides, except they are practically all indoor rides. I thought the Harry Potter portions of the park was well done. The park was very clean. I think they could use more benches to sit and relax. They could also use more signs for directions to the various attractions. The shows were ok, nothing spectacular.

There were plenty of places to eat and get souvenirs. And typical of all parks, the prices are high.

I am glad we visited in February, because it was not crowded. Because we were there only for about 2 and half days to visit this park and the other Universal park, I did get the one time use express pass. I am glad I did those and not the unlimited express pass. That was enough to go on the rides in both parks twice.

Overall, we enjoyed our first visit and glad we did go.

Hello David,

Thank you for the kind words that you have shared regarding your recent visit to Universal Studios. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed a number of attractions throughout the park, and also enjoyed the theming of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I appreciate the feedback you provided about the lack of seating areas and directions in various areas of the park. I'm glad that you were able to easily find food and merchandise options during your visit as well. It's wonderful to know that your visit was not impacted by high crowds and that your Express Passes allowed you to truly enjoy all the attractions that our parks have to offer. If you would like to share any additional details about your visit feel free to contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!