“A little gem”

Ranked #2 of 4 Fun & Games in Ilkeston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

You could easily overlook this place as it has been going since the 1960's, but if you want something to do with the kids on a miserable day, get yourself down there.
Ten pin bowling is a load of fun and you don't even have to put the weird shoes on anymore.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"desk"
"smile"

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I have driven past so many times and thought how run down the place looks. I visited as a group of friends and was pleasantly surprised. We were served quickly at the bar and was able to get a lane easily. We weren’t required to wear bowling shoes and although a lot of the balls were old and covered in dents there were also newer balls available. We all had the gourmet burger and chips which were very tasty. The burger in particular as it came with cheese and onion rings.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The venue is very dirty and feels generally unclean, before bowling I stood at the bar for over 10 minutes waiting to be served, I was acknowledged twice and told "I'll be 2 minutes" both times before I walked off unserved.
The bowling itself is okay for children or anyone that isn't competitive as the lanes are uneven and bumpy and the balls are well past it so they have a mind of their own and change direction whilst rolling.
The seating area around the lanes was filthy and very unhygienic, I certainly wouldn't want to be eating around here.
The arcade machine's are okay for kids but all in all its very run down, it was freezing cold and unclean.
I wouldn't recommend or return.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The lanes are old and uneven. The balls are old and past using. We were told by the catering staff "we are not serving food we are understaffed". Give it a miss or go to Hollywood bowl in Derby Intu or somewhere in the centre of Nottingham unless you absolutely have to go here.

1  Thank Cookie247
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Well for starters this place could do with a facelift not only does it look dated but the entrance doesn't look very inviting. Lanes are a matter of chance, some have broken parts but others are fine so try and get the best you can see. Food is very bad burger tasted pretty bland and younger relative asked for no beans with her meal and still got them although staff did take it away and got them off.

One area where this place excels however is its arcade games, usually when I go to a bowling alley its something like mario kart which I can play on a console at home for free anyway but this place has outrun 2, time crisis 4 and after burner climax which are very good games and you can't even play after burner on consoles now. Sometimes I go here just to play on these games not even go bowling.

Although newer games would be appreciated like daytona usa 3 and star wars battle pod, I hope this place keeps these games for the foreseeable future unless I won't be visiting it anymore. Also great job on replacing their old TV's with LCD screens as it prolongs its life and makes the game look better in the process.