See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 25 January 2013

B&B is several quaint adjoining cottages with breakfast served in the main home and office a few steps away. Our host, Christa, was very welcoming and served us a great breakfast both mornings that we were there. The cottages were built at an earlier time but have been kept immaculate, and they have added updates like jetted bathtubs, satellite TV, refrigerators and AC in each unit. The location is 10 miles west of Ocala and 10 miles east of Rainbow Springs State Park, with gardens to walk in and a spring to swim or kayak the river that it feeds. Nearby is Dunnellon, with groceries, restaurants and airboat trips.

Room tip: All rooms are ground floor cottages close to the office and breakfast.
Date of stay: January 2013
2  Thank Roger30606
Reviewed 18 January 2013

My wife stayed here while we visited Ocala. I enjoy mountain biking, and Ocala has a marvelous trail - Santos. That is about 1/2 hour away. Closer to the Inn, the Rainbow river is a great place to hike or rent a kayak. So it's a good place to spend a weekend.

The rooms were much nicer than we expected based on the price we paid. It is well-designed, and the innkeepers take a lot of pride in the place. It's not as polished as some of the very expensive places nearby; but it is clean, charming and a great choice if you want to spend some time enjoying this part of the "real Florida".

The swimming pool is really almost non-existent. There was a hot tub, and it looked OK. there is no fitness center. It's a B&B, so we really didn't expect these items.

The food was delicious.

If we come down next winter, we will try to stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2013
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights, in town for a graduation. It is located on a busy truck route road. We were on a tight schedule to say the least. When we arrived a little early, no one answered the locked entrance to the "lobby". We left and came back. I did not find the owner friendly or welcoming. I explained that we had to be at UF by 8:30 a.m. the next morning and wondered if we could have breakfast a little early. She said "no", it is during those hours only. Then I asked what the breakfast was going to be, maybe we could take something on the road. She would not commit to any particular item. I then asked if she puts out fruit, bagels, or anything that we could eat. Nothing at all is placed in the office/lobby. This place has absolutely no flexibility for their guests. There were only three couples there. So we got nothing for breakfast. I asked if there was coffee available...only at breakfast. The small amount of coffee grounds in the room wouldn't even make one small pot. She personally serves the coffee during breakfast so you have to ask for a cup. Saturday evening if you need anything, no one is there except between the 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. checkin. Like other reviewers, no pool, no spa was working. She didn't even give us a tour of the place. I had to ask about firewood and she reluctantly said it could be purchased from her. Of course she wasn't there later and the door remains locked. Then I decided to take a bath in the spa tub. The water came out green and along with it A FROG came out the jet! It obviously is never cleaned or sanitized. We went to check out Sunday, again, no one around. All said, no warm and fuzzy feelings at this one!

Date of stay: December 2012
9  Thank Jelwell
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My sister and I spent the night before a Gator game. We arrived around 8 p.m., having made prior arrangements. Christa was very welcoming and our room was beautiful. The courtyard lighting and landscaping made for a relaxing place to take in the country night. After a restful night's sleep we enjoyed a delicious breakfast. We hope to return for another visit.

Room tip: The Century Room is charming and great if you want two separate beds.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Gatorgal91
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

This place is adorable on the outside and sits in an area that is beautiful and quiet but disappponting otherwise. The pool is in disarray - dirty and plugs loose along with the vacuum laying in pool. The room had a window unit a/c (noisy) and gnats in the bathtub.

Date of stay: August 2012