“Yearly trip to the Conch- doesn't disappoint ”

Conch Republic Grill
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Our yearly trip to Redington Beach, fl and we always return to this restaurant. This year it was just me and my husband so we took advantage and sat at the bar. He ordered the blackened grouper and ordered the crab legs with scallops on the side. We both loved our meals and it was the best scallops I ever had.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

We were a little disappointed compared to last year. It is the only large restaurant in the area north of Johns Pass so naturally it is busy. Parking was a pain. We booked a table and got seated on time. There was a good relaxed atmosphere which is why we returned. The staff were pleasant but not so efficient. Our 8 year old did not enjoy her chicken tenders - slightly overdone, my burger was quite rare despite asking for medium well done, my partners starter and main meal was fine. The price and overall experience was fair.

1  Thank Neil J
Reviewed August 19, 2017

I'm not a good judge of seafood, our friends got the mussels, seemed to enjoy them, they got the fish dip, they liked that, too. I wasn't as adventurous, so my review of "average" might not be your experience. I got the appetizer fried zucchini, it was ok, the sauce that went along with it wasn't great so I didn't finish it. I'm a huge fan of horseradish so was expecting more from the dipping sauce.
I ordered the coconut island salad with coconut shrimp. It was very bland and it got soggy very quickly. I think I would have faired better with fish tacos or something else.
My husband and daughter do not like seafood so they got typical American food, a chicken wrap and chicken strips. Nothing special.
It was a Sunday evening about 8pm. The place was PACKED and it was fun to see/hear the happy birthday song performed with the conch shell blowing. It seemed like our waiter made several batches of bananas foster at the little burner near our table. We experienced a wait for everything, his first visit, our drinks, then a very long wait for him to come back and take our order, he was very busy, not a bad waiter, just responsible for a lot of things (joining the staff in singing every 5 minutes and then the bananas foster).
We finally left at around 10:30pm.
The atmosphere was upbeat with locals and tourists, it was very loud and crowded, it was very busy. I wouldn't personally go back but our friends enjoyed their dinner and had been there before so they knew there would be wait.

1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Went here one evening for dinner. No one could decide what to get everything sounded so delicious. Waiter was excellent and made recommendations. Six of us all tried something different and tasted each others! Fun atmosphere and a very good value - and a good happy hour! Liked it so much we went again another night. Were very busy or shortstaffed so waiter wasn't quite as attentive. Food was still good. The section we were seated in was a bit loud. Totally recommend.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Waiter was "Joseph C.", the Italian Joe. He was very knowledgeable about the menu items and he really sold us on the specials for tonight ! He was a great salesman ! He smiled, was friendly and very efficient. We ordered the conch fritters and they were so good I can't even begin to explain their delicious-ness ! We also ordered the jalapeño crusted hogfish dinner as well as the Caribbean red shrimp. The frozen mojito was incredible. Our waiter, the food, atmosphere and drinks were outstanding ! I would rate 100 stars if I could !! Thank you Joseph C, for such outstanding service !! Other wait staff and kitchen staff were walking around and I saw them pick up numerous dishes from the tables, including ours, so we never had dirty dishes on our table. I felt like I was in key west during my visit. It was my first time here and I was very impressed !!