“Beachfront Meatloaf”

Mangos Restaurant & Tiki Bar
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Taste the tropics in Mangos Restaurant! Enjoy a casual yet elegant setting with views of the Gulf of Mexico from every seat as you dine indoors or outside on our Verandah and savor our award winning "Florida/Caribbean Cuisine". Spectacular sunsets give way to tiki torches, starlit skies and island music as you enjoy a cool tropical drink at the Beachside Tiki Bar which offers drinks, snacks, light lunches and dinners. Full Gluten Free Menus available for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. We Proudly Serve Starbucks Coffees & Teas.
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Whenever I visit the Tampa Bay area in Florida, I make a point of venturing out to North Redington Beach where the sand is soft, the people are friendly, and the sunsets are often spectacular. Located within the DoubleTree Resort in NRB, Mango's Restaurant & Tiki Bar never fails to impress.

In the many visits I have made to this little beachside gem over the past several years, I have always found the food to be exceptionally flavorful, abundant, and excellently prepared. Weather permitting, I usually opt to dine at the Tiki Bar where I find the beachfront atmosphere reminiscent of the tropical resort portrayed in the Tom Cruise movie "Cocktail". The servers and bartenders are always attentive and refreshingly very pleasant. Mango's serves throughout the day beginning at 7am and is open until 10pm (11pm on Friday & Saturday). On weekends, the hotel routinely provides live entertainment for your dining pleasure, which might include a wonderfully-talented steel drum percussionist or guitar-strumming vocalist who will typically include a few Jimmy Buffet tunes in their show by request.

From the menu, my personal favorites are the Blackened Grouper Sandwich for lunch and the Mango’s Meatloaf for dinner. With that said, I don't believe you can go wrong regardless of what you choose from their extensive menu. If you're just in the mood for a simple (yet very filling) snack to compliment your beachside beverage or an appetizer for the table, you may want to consider trying the tri-colored Nachos Fiesta, topped with chunks of blackened chicken breast and shredded cheese. The sandwiches at Mango's are served with one side dish, for which I would highly recommend their Tiki Chips (delicious homemade potato chips). Now, if you happen to be counting calories, you should note that this little side-dish could possibly set you back an entire day but will be certainly worth it (in my opinion).

All-in-all, I believe you will find the food at Mango’s well above average, the beverages very reasonably priced, and the atmosphere completely stress-free (just the way beach-front dining should be). Cheers!

1  Thank SirMarkofMarkham

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We arrived to find out there was a 30min wait for the patio. We decided on a table inside.Then it took our waiter 20 to serve us. I decided on Grouper as the area is famous for it. Very expensive at $29.00 for Grouper. After ordering another 30min for it to arrive. It was only Ok nothing spectacular. Our waiter was never around, we thought it might be his first day. After being there for 2 1/2 hours we had to ask for our bill. Not Going Back

1  Thank Spuds1818
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Really great place. The view is wonderful and the pool and Gulf of Mexico are so close you can go to both. Relax out on the beach or by the pool. The Tiki Bar has enough seating with more tables out on the deck. Reasonable prices and friendly service. Beautiful sunsets.

1  Thank Jon M
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Doubletree for a few days. We are breakfast and dinner here. The food was very good. The atmosphere inside and out was spectacular. The employees were excellent. We had Minh for breakfast and Eric at dinner. Both were top notch and really cared about our dining experience.

1  Thank ajf24
Reviewed 19 February 2018

As we were staying in the DOUBLETREE we decided to try MANGOS. Overall it was a good meal with an eexcellent Tuna starter. The mains were ok but it is still a shame that the USA do not import a good rose wine. The White Zinfandel was just too sweet! We departed for the bar after the meal and BRIAN made us a couple of GREAT espresso martinis. Wonderful!