'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
South Seas Island Resort(Captiva Island)(Great Value!)
US$309
  • Pool
Castaways Cottages of Sanibel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$179
Official Site
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
US$225
US$191
Beachview Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$210
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$219
US$179
Hotwire.com
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
US$319
Official Site
Jensen's "On the Gulf"(Captiva Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,163 results
All reviewscrows nestcrab racescaptiva houseserenity pooloasis pool barsea grapebay viewold floridathe cottagescontinental breakfast isfresh fruitprivate beachscreened balconybubble roomtennis courtsgulf of mexicofamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We found the resort to be just what we needed. The rooms and overall property are very quaint with an island vibe. We loved the ocean side cabanas each day. We used the bikes, tennis and pool as well. We found the show NASCRAB to be a blast! The food was good and what we needed. A delightful quiet getaway!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Rooms were great, location and amenities were great, restaurants were wonderful. I hope we can make a return trip in the future. The kids enjoyed everything about it from the pool to the bike rides. The only complaint is that I couldn't stay longer and that it was too wavy.windy to take the kayaks out on the day we chose to.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I suggest Tween Water for many reasons, the location is the #1 reason, get the gulf view room! You must eat at the following restaurants while in Captiva. The old Captive House, The Key Lime Bistro & Doc Fords.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My mom, now in her late 80s used to go here with my father about 30 years ago and she wanted to go back too see Captiva again. She was amazed by the development and was frankly disappointed in the place. Don’t get me wrong, Captiva island is beautiful and the sunsets over the beach were incredible as was the sun and the sea but this “resort” was a disappointment and oversold as a “resort”. The older cabins were cosy and the room in the elevated motel were excellent. But when you book and request a handicap accessible room and arrive to hear that the elevator is broken so you’ll just have to carry her up 2 long flights of stairs is absurd. The guy at the front desk just sat there till I pitched a fit then retreated to find a manager ( presumably on the phone) and got my mom into a cabin... still stairs but just a few. Elevator was not fixed for the five days were were there and no offer of another room. Knowing she could not get in and out on her own I called for a reservation at their “fine dining restaurant” and was told there were no openings at all for dinner for the duration of our stay. Again I pitched a fit and then after some secret consultation we suddenly had reservations each night... and there were empty tables every night ( food and Service WERE great) Same when asking for room to be serviced. They forgot to come. Asked and they never showed up. Pitch a fit and they came and sterilized the place. Staff were all friendly but it seems that the “resort” is part of a “chain” where most of the hotels on Captiva and Sanibel are under the same management that seems to emphasize glossy adverts of “resorts” but leave what I think are good employees without the ability to act on their own and managers must be off site. Nice place but not interested in having to make a fuss over every point

When I checked out I pointed this out politely and people at front desk shrugged. No apology or comment But again they must have talked to the off site manager as when we arrived home there was a message from hotel saying we were getting a $300 refund! Appreciated but would again rather have had staff given authority to act on their own. And fix the darn elevator. You simply cannot sell a handicapped room and simply leave us sitting in a wheelchair at the bottom of two flights of stairs without offering any solution. Bad service. Resort has nice big rooms. Cute cabins. Pool ok. Beach and beach access great but grounds are a parking lot with some garbage cans. Not resorty in any real sense. Nice but the glossy brochures are deceptive. This is not a resort but a nice collection of cabins and some motel style buildings with great rooms and an ok pool and nice pool bar and restaurant, friendly but unimpowered staff. And no elevator repairman. From desk needs to get a clue. Nice cabin and hotel. Lousy as a resort.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank mdowli
TWIManagement, General Manager at 'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear mdowli,

Thank you for your feedback and I sincerely apologize about the elevator issues you experienced. I am happy we were able to find your mother a different unit albeit not the perfect situation as you know. The resort is very busy this time of year and we did not have a lot of options for a different room. We do have bellman on staff who are able and happy to assist our guests with their luggage.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our restaurants and that we were able to find you a table upon request, though it seems we have some work to do in communication between departments.

Again, please accept my apologies and I'm glad you were given a credit for the issues you encountered.

Kind regards,

Brett Gooch
bgooch@tween-waters.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My best friend and I have been coming to Tween Waters since 1978 for a "Girls' Getaway". we love every minute we are there! Great service, Great pools and hot tub and of course, the wonderful beach! I would like to know what happened to the traditional cinnamon buns each morning? Another thing that would be helpful is a list of daily activities posted in the elevators and at the front desk. We also miss the full length mirror that was taken out when the apartments were redone. Can't ask for a better place to vacation ! We love Tween Waters!

Room Tip: Rooms are available on the East side for a sunrise view and on the west overlooking the Gulf for a beautiful one of a kind sunset!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends