Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Outstanding

Fished and shelled with Capt John, so impressed I immediately booked a second trip. Captain Colin... read more

Reviewed 30 July 2018
Norman S
Ellicott City, Maryland
via mobile
Awesome adventure with Native Guides

In celebration of my husband’s 53 birthday! We took a 4 hour tour with his folks and Aunt and... read more

Reviewed 20 January 2018
stacyw440
via mobile

All reviews captain john catch dinner trout lazy flamingo fishing bait dolphins boat shells hr
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Captain John asked us at the beginning of the trip what our goal was. We told him dinner would be great, but having fun catching fish was the important part. Boy did he deliver. My wife hadn't caught a fish since she was a child. We also invited my cousin and his teenage son who live nearby.

Capt John was very friendly, patient, informative, and instructive with us. My wife was the first one with a line wet and she had her first fish in the boat before us other 3 even had time to get a hook baited. The captain had us on a large school of trout and a few snapper instantly. Nothing huge but it was an excellent start to a fantastic day. Soon we moved up to a shoreline (I won't reveal secrets!) And snook were hitting like crazy. With captain Johns techniques we were reeling in fish with almost every cast while other boats nearby were coming up empty handed. At one point Capt said "you've got 11 minutes before they stop biting". I'll be darned if they didn't stop exactly 11 minutes later. He really does know his stuff.

Since the snook stopped biting we decided to cruise for tarpon. Unfortunately no such luck, but we were all very satisfied if they day had ended right then. But wait! There's more!!

Since there was no tarpon in sight we decided to anchor up and shark fish for the last half hour or so. Wasn't 15 minutes later and the rod bent over. My wife LOVES sharks so we let her take the first one. It was a small (2 foot) black tip. Capt baited the hook back up and casted again. Our time was pretty much up and we were just getting ready to pack up and head to the marina when the line started running. I had never caught a shark before either so I was next up. I grabbed the pole not having any idea what I was up against! I assumed it was another little one but man I was wrong. 30 minutes later we had a 7 foot nurse shark at the side of the boat. It was the catch of a lifetime for me. I firmly believe with out Captain Johns calm clear instructions that I would've lost this fight and left frustrated. He stepped in to help as soon as it was needed but never got in the way or tried to take any of the fight away from me. Never once did he act like we were a bother for making him late for his next tour. We got it close enough to make it an "official" catch and we were on our way to the marina with smiles from ear to ear.

We booked a 5 hour fishing tour and it was probably the best 5 hour stretch I've had in my life. I would not even consider going out with a different guide on our next trip. If you want to get your money's worth then book with captain John.

2  Thank Jacob Z
Reviewed 31 May 2016

We chartered a fishing boat for 4 hours this past weekend. We had the pleasure of going out with Captain Colin on his boat. It was a great time. We caught lots of fish and had an amazing time. Captain Colin is very nice, personable and knowledgeable. He is an absolute professional and I'd definitely go out again with him the next time we are in town. Highly recommend.

Thank Barry E. H
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

We took a 4-hour trip with Captain John. Our boys, age 13,12 and 7, wanted to try fishing and see some dolphins and manatees. All their wishes were fulfilled! This is their first time trying fishing. John found a good spot and taught the boys how to fish, and made sure they all caught a few fish. The boys were ecstatic! Then he took us to a spot where there were a lot of manatees just hanging out. not only we watched them closely, but also able to touch one really friendly one that swam up to the boat. We were in heaven. We definitely recommend them very highly to everyone and will book with them again when we come back!

1  Thank May L
Reviewed 23 March 2016

We booked a 4 hour tour with Captain Colin - there were 6 of us including 2 kids (ages 7 and 4). We had a great time, Colin was very accommodating to all of us, especially the kids. He got everyone setup for fishing, took us to a variety of spots, pointed out all of the wildlife, recommended places to see in the area, took us to a private island for shelling and answered all of our questions. He was very patient with the kids and this was the highlight of our trip. I fully recommend this cruise to anyone visiting the area.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

Our family of 5 had a great afternoon with Captain Colin. He took care of putting the bait on the poles, casting for anyone who wanted him to, carefully watching for bites and telling the kids when to reel-in (this was huge as we usually didn't see it ourselves), taking the fish off the hooks, and fileting the keepers. Everyone caught at least a few fish. We split the afternoon between fishing and walking/shelling on Cayo Costa.

3  Thank SHFABE