“Super Fun Time on the Water! ”

Above Board Paddle Company
Ranked #2 of 7 Tours in Nokomis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stand Up Paddle Board rentals on Nokomis Beach. Kayak and SUP tours in Nokomis FL. Paddle Board sales, lessons, race training, group activities,
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I live local and decided to do something different with my friends. We wanted to rent paddleboards, but a couple of friends had never tried it and were nervous, so we called Above Board and booked a group tour. Tony took us out and he was a great paddleboard instructor. My two friends picked it up right away with his instruction. Totally recommend this place! Paddleboards were in nice condition and Tony made the journey really awesome! Surfs Up!

Reviewed 18 January 2016

I took a lesson from Tony in June and loved it so much I gave my husband & son a lesson with Tony as a Christmas gift. Tony was able to schedule the lesson for them during a very busy (for him) holiday week. They both felt Tony was a great instructor. During the 2nd hour, Tony spotted Dolphins close by. The guys were able to paddle close enough to really see these beautiful animals. It's an experience my husband and son will treasure.

1  Thank myohmyoh
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

Met Tony (owner) at the shop which is conveniently located off Tamiami Trail. We carpooled to the paddle board launch location. We were first timers and Tony patiently gave us some instructions and we were on our way in a matter of minutes. The area that we learned paddle boarding was safe, shallow and easy to navigate.

Had a lot of fun paddle boarding for our first time and it will definitely not be our last with Above Board. The staff was friendly and informative and we felt completely safe the entire time. We would recommend them wholeheartedly. Appropriate for families, couples those with previous experience and those (like us) without.

1  Thank Stones902
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

Beautiful Experience!
So worth it to paddle board the distance to Midnight Pass. Tony is an amazing instructor and tour guide. We saw dolphins and lots of manatees. I highly recommend as a "must do" while visiting the area.

1  Thank Desiree M
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 July 2015

My husband and I were convinced to try our first Above Board Paddle Company by our daughter. I was concerned I wouldn't be able to paddle board because of my back problems, but I was very wrong! Tony was very patient teaching us and stayed back with me until I got up to speed. I am 56, but it was fun to try something new and fun and exercise without even realizing I was exercising. What a great way to experience the beautiful area in which we live. Visits from manatees and dolphins and crazy flying fish kept us entertained, as well. Tony's store is amazing, too, with great yoga gear, paddleboards and lots of gear for exploring the outdoors. Treat yourself and step out of your box. You'll love it!

1  Thank Bill H