“Nice Key West like restaurant with nice outside balconies”
Review of Flagler Tavern

Flagler Tavern
Cuisines: American
Description: Flagler Tavern has been a must-visit destination for locals, families, beach-goers and music lovers for decades. Nestled amongst picturesque Flagler Avenue in New Smyrna Beach, Flagler Tavern is the ultimate location, offering something for everyone. Live Music Daily Happy Hour 4-8pm 7 Days a week! Now Serving Sunday Brunch from 10:00am -2:00pm Circa 1928
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Friends of ours recommended this restaurant when we went to New Symrna Beach. It easy to find right in the middle of the main tourist area. We choose to sit outside on the second floor balcony to people watch. I had the apple bacon BLT with avacado. It came with a multigrain bread and was excellent. My wife had the shrimp basket. The shrimp were tasty with a light breading and a very good sauce. The service was good. My only negative was the conch fritters were not as good as I have had elsewhere. They were somewhat undercooked and light on conch. Overall we had a good time and enjoyed our food. If your into sports the inside bar has a lot of big screens with multiple sports.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped in, friends and family, for some drinks, conversation and a few snacks. We had an assortment of appetizers, most quite good, and enjoyed sitting on the 2nd floor porch. Table service was efficient though the kitchen was a bit slow. All in all it was a good evening.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful day, great food, amazing service. We sat on the front patio looking out to the street, and enjoyed a BLT with avocado, a (huge) turkey bacon club with avocado, and a couple of ice cold beverages. Pet friendly too. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We ate here twice in our visit to New Smyrna and the good was good both times. The second floor is a hidden gem that we found the second time. Everything we ate was good including the clam chowder.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

I went to Flagler Tavern on a Monday evening with my husband and daughter. We opted to sit indoors as we had been outside all day. Everything food and drink-wise tasted fine, with the exception of my daughter's chicken which was overcooked. The server, however, was inattentive and it made for a mediocre experience. We got our drinks quickly but then were on our own for awhile with empty drinks and no starter. Our starter finally came after our main course and only after we asked about it. The server asked my husband if he wanted another drink but didn't ask me nor my daughter if we wanted another. She did not check on us once we had our meal. I had mahi mahi which was tasty My husband had fish and chips which was also good. After we were done she asked how it was. I said my daughter's chicken was near-burnt (It was a kid's meal; she's under 10 and picked at our meal so she wasn't hungry by the time the server asked). However, the server didn't apologize. She said "well, I guess I can ask if they can make her another". We aren't locals but we do visit a few times a year as we have family here. I don't see us coming back to Flager Tavern. Maybe if I just wanted drinks and food at the bar, or maybe on the weekend to hear some music, but as a sit-down meal it wasn't the best experience in my opinion.