“Love the Treehouse”

Norwood's Eatery & Bar Treehouse
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Description: New Smyrna's oldest and most award winning restaurant. Established in 1946 and has been a landmark destination ever since. Wine spectator Best of Award of excellence since 1993. Florida Trend magazines top 200 for more than 15 years. Great seafood and Angus beef. Our Treehouse Bar is our newest addition which is right on property. It features craft cocktails, local beers and draft wine selection for guests to enjoy. As well as, live music daily! Come check out this fun and unique bar for drinks, lunch or dinner! (21 and up only in the bar).
Reviewed 5 March 2021

We go to New Smyrna every other month. Always go to Norton’s. Always get crab stuffed mushrooms and escargot. Service always a1. Quality food A1. Love the Treehouse.

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank pat d
Write a reviewReviews (3,310)

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

We went to the garlic 2.5 hr wait we decided to try Norwood’s what a great decision. We had the seafood pot pie and the captains seafood platter both very delicious and our bartender was amazing was able to keep her wait staff drinks and our drinks flowing effortlessly. Our dining waitress Layla was very good as well. Also he wait turned out to be only 35. We’re going back I so want to try the pot pie our friends had.

2  Thank 475roxanneg
Reviewed 25 February 2021

Let me start with I am a big time review person because I read reviews when deciding on a restaurant and only hope that what I read is REAL!!
My hubby and I decided to go to the Norwood for my birthday dinner. Our server Tara seemed to be a nice gal initially. We ordered our drinks .. he had a glass of wine and I ordered a martini. It came in a smaller sized glass and was 3/4 full. I spoke to Tara when she set it down and she said that is because they can only put so much liquor...as I watched 2 cosmos go by to other table that were filled to the top. Tara then gave me the excuse that there are other things in the glass...
Now for our meals .. I order Mahi Mahi and he ordered a gorgonzola ribeye.
My plate looked like it was thrown together and all veggies and not much fish for $30 and hubby's ribeye was so fatty he had a hard time find any clean meat on it.
I mentioned that I am a big review person and Tara's response was...
" OH WE DON'T PAY MUCH ATTENTION TO CUSTOMER REVIEWS!!'
Mucho dinero later we WILL NEVER DINE THERE AGAIN. That attitude put me over the edge with this restaurant and server. DONE,DONE, and DONE!!
I will say they did give me a piece of pie with a candle on it in the end. It did not make me feel any better about our time there.

1  Thank Mybia1989
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

Wonderful seafood and atmosphere. Unique setting that has become a local landmark. Looking forward to returning once the treehouse refurb is complete of the top level.

1  Thank Harl3yR1d3r
Reviewed 20 February 2021 via mobile

Norwood’s is a great restaurant. The atmosphere is great, and there was live music. The food, and service were excellent.

1  Thank Jeffjennrockwood