“Fun place but really pricey ”
Review of Pao by Paul Qui

Pao by Paul Qui
Ranked #26 of 1,172 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$45 - US$75
Description: Pao boldly reflects celebrated chef Paul Qui's renowned brand of modern Asian cuisine drawing from his background and range of international styles, including Filipino, Spanish, Japanese, and French. Signature items include crudo specialties, original rice dishes and fresh fish and meats seared table-side over Japanese binchotan charcoal.
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I’ll start with why I give 5 stars . Food was great , service was great and atmosphere was great . So based on that I think they deserve 5 stars from me , but I’ll tell my personal opinion about my dinner experience in this place . Food is really good , but dishes are quite small and pretty expensive . So if you think that you order one starter and one main per one person you’ll be fine ,then I have bad news for you . You might go home hungry ,at least I did. My boyfriend felt the same way , obviously hehe . We had to order a bit more food . So I’d say if you want to have a really good experience in this restaurant you need to be ready to spend way more money than in other places of same style and price range . So overall nice dinner , but almost twice as expensive as the dinners we normally do. Service was really great , very attentive and willing to help waiters .They took such a good care of us . And the whole atmosphere was pretty fun , you could feel the cool Miami vibe there . So I’d recommend to visit this place for a fun dinner , but be aware of the cost .

2  Thank Iri_daiquiri

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Stunning decor. Must try tuna crudo or A5 carpaccio. For main dish we had whole roasted fish was excellent. For dessert semifredo. Great service. Incredible food. Would recommend and come back.

2  Thank Bartłomiej N
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

While staying at the Faena Hotel I knew I had to experience all that I could while I was here. So ofcourse I had to visit and try out their great restaurant Pao. The menu was full of so many great choices I wish I could have tried them all. We ordered the sea urchin which is one of my favorite dishes I have ever had. I also ordered their signature drink which came out in a giant copper unicorn which was very delicious. The whole meal was absolutely perfect. When we finished we also ordered desserts which I was so excited to try. They were all fantastic and was the perfect way to end my experience here.

2  Thank Nicholas M
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We were already staying at The Faena hotel and Pao is THE restaurant within. The decor is smart with a massive unicorn in the middle. You can sit inside or out on the terrace. We had a group of 15 and had a pre-arranged set menu, with a premium bar package. I'm not sure what the bill came to but I'm sure it could have bought me a car for cash! The food is Asian fusion and stunningly presented with edible flowers which look so pretty on the plate. The food was tasty but the most outstanding dish for me was the smoked shortrib asado, four slices of wagyu beef which was out of this world! Never before have I tasted beef that comes close. Absolutely amazing, so much so, I greedily ordered a second plate for me and my friend to share.
The cocktails are great however every single member of our group that ordered cocktails had to send them back to be diluted. Clearly the American spirit measure in cocktails is way more than what we get back home. Their drinks are strong. The service is fantastic and the waiter comes and gives you a complete run down on the menu. What is in the dishes and how they are cooked. I remember him explaining my favourite dish by saying that it would 'change my life' and I thought that was a big claim for a plate of beef... but believe me when I say that was not an understatement.
Like I said this was not a dinner it's a dining experience , just make sure you have the wallet to match!

1  Thank enq2016
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Our food was colourful and flavoursome. The cocktails tasted better than any I’ve had anywhere. We chose to the sit at the bar and were delighted with the personal and assiduous service provided by the bartender. Pao is a beautiful restaurant and a wonderful experience all round.

2  Thank GIJonesEdinburgh