“Saturday Night”
Review of NaiYaRa

NaiYaRa
Reserve with OpenTable
NaiYaRa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 1,169 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I can’t believe it’s my first time at NaiYaRa. I’ve lived in Miami for 25 years and just found out about one of its best kept secrets. This place is superb. Tania was our server, and her professionalism and friendliness complemented amazing food with top notch service.

Top choices:

Naiyara Roll
Miami Heat still
E11even Roll
Big Eye Tuna Tartare

Highly recommended. A must if you are in Miami.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This venue is located on quiet street, but once inside guests feel the energy behind this establishment. The menu reflects the knowledge of a well traveled & thoughtfully planned options. To honor Greek-Spanish influenced dishes we indulged in the grilled octopus. This dish was cooked perfectly & we agreed that only in Greece or Spain could be just as well delivered. We then moved on to Massaman Curry crispy duck that had a well balanced curry that compliments the tender duck meet extremely well. We also took a chance on a Peruvian favorite, the Grouper Tiradito, a very well balanced dish served with a chili-garlic-lemon-cilantro sauce that was quite delicate. Our server Pom was very knowledgeable & paced our dishes for a very enjoyable experience. Sadly we were too full to enjoy more. Finally the wine selection was surprisingly good. I choose a wonderful Prosecco & Pom guided my partner with a great Shi-so fine cocktail. Come & enjoy this great spot.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

NaiYaRa is Chef Bee's (real name: Piyarat Potha Arreeratn) Thai restaurant in the stylish Sunset Harbor section of Miami Beach, an area burgeoning with stylish eateries & upscale restaurants. Chef Bee is well-know around South Florida having run-the-kitchen at the deported (and missed!) Khong River House, and worked as sous chef at the Sjore Club's Nobu restaurant. We went to NaiYaRa with high expectations, and overall, were disappointed. On a recent very crowded Saturday night, we tried the following:
Polomita($15) - NaiYaRa's specialty grapefruit margarita - our rating: mediocre flavors in a notably SMALL drink
Lady Lychee($14) - a mostly watermelon juice whiskey drink - tasty, but small drink
(Note: specialty cocktails are $14-$15, and BOTH drinks seemed unusually small, and containing smaller-than-usual amounts of alcohol ... if doing it all-over again, I'd probably stick with a bottle of beer, & would know what I'm getting)
Spicy tuna salad($18) - this was the single best food item that we sampled -- fresh cucumber, seaweed, small fresh cubes of raw tuna, & spicy flavors (Note: there was way way more cucumber than tuna ... could have benefited from more fresh tuna)
Tuna tostones($20) - tuna tartare(good, but not sensational) served on pan-cooked potato slices (that tasted re-heated warm) w/ teriyaki-like eel sauce
(Note: both the Tuna salad, and Tuna Tostones were served within minutes of our placing the order ... another sign a significant pre-preparation of the foods)
Vegetable Spring rolls($12) - crispy, hot, fried ... mostly cabbage filling (I would have preferred a creative "cold" wrapped spring roll); good Thai chilli dipping sauce
Popcorn shrimp(($17) - tempura shrimp served hot & crispy w/ spicy mayo - good, but not outstanding ... the tempura "breading" was too heavy
Sriracha wings($14) - crispy basket of chicken wings w/ sweet chilli sauce (SMALL portion) -- very tasty wings
Pad See-Eew($20) - chow fun noodles and shrimp with sweet soy sauce flavor -- I did not personally like the flavor of this dish, and did not like the cooking presentation of under-cooked shrimp -- I would not recommend this dish at all
The restaurant interior is very nice (stylish Thai "street" ambiance), and the service is professional and efficient. There's a lot of dinning competition in Sunset Harbor and all-across Miami Beach in this price range, and unfortunately the food (and "value") were disappointing. Chef Bee has a notable reputation, and can do better.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I had solo dinner in this beautiful restaurant on Wednesday evening. Recommended by host I chose Coconut tamarind marinated Chicken with Papaya salad and thai chili sauce. Tasty and good, recommended!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Way overpriced and just not that good anymore. So, I was very excited when this place opened up. I live across the street and was looking forward to the "Thai Street Food" they were touting. Lemme tell you - they must have some really nice streets in Thailand. Anyway, when it opened it was fantastic. The vibe, the food, the service. Everything. At this point we have gone there, or taken out food several times and I have noticed it gets progressively less good and more and more expensive. I'm sorry, but you get much better and much more for your hard-earned money at other places. Khong River House was the bomb. This place is a dud.

Dumpling soup. One dumpling. ONE! and some broth. $10.
Dumpling King (wagyu beef): some ground wagyu beef in small tacos. $30! No, that is NOT a typo. Do yourself a favor and get the taquitos from PB Sushi around the corner. Not this copycat knockoff for $30
Pas See-yew: very yummy. but not worth the price tag for a bunch of noodles and 3 shrimp.

What is also really annoying is the attitude. No, I do not have a reservation. There was no one there at 6pm. Yet the only seating they can offer a local resident who has been there numerous times is 2 seats at the sushi bar - where we look at a glass with dead fish behind it? No thanks.

Totally done with this place. Super hot hostess though

Been to NaiYaRa? Share your experiences!