“Jose and Raul the best!!!”
Review of MILA Restaurant

MILA Restaurant
Ranked #437 of 941 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Neighborhood: City Center
Description: MILA Miami is a rooftop restaurant, lounge and mixology bar located in the heart of South Beach. The kitchen draws influences from the shores of the Mediterranean and Japan, while creating a visionary expression of flavorful and modern MediterrAsian cuisine. Dishes are served in the informal izakaya dining style, meaning they are are meant to be shared at the table. MILA Miami embodies a multi-sensory culinary and lifestyle sanctuary for our guests to escape, disconnect and have a great time. Welcome to your ‘EUDAIMONIA’, the contented, happy state you feel when you travel.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a great night with our server Jose. Dinner was delicious and great drinks. Raul is the best bartender, will make any drink you want.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (46)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really like Mila and it scored in everyway. The hostess was very accommodating even showing us a few tables. The server (Vivian) was very nice and the busboys - who work hard remained friendly and pleasant.

The restaurant is quite beautiful and I don't think there's a bad seat in the house. The vibe is so relaxed that's its hard to not have a good time at Mila.

We went for brunch and the prices (for what you receive) are reasonable and even the wine bottles we ordered did not have the often trendy restaurant ridiculous mark-ups.

The choice for brunch was plentiful and I think there is something for everyone. Many small plate options with the fish selections standing out. Our sushi rolls which are usually average at places as trendy as this were very good.

The main courses were excellent and we split the salmon and the tenderloin. The beef was good - not great but more than passable while the salmon was excellent.

Dessert was also excellent with a really nice chocolate tart being my favorite.

Mila is professionally run with great food, beautiful decor, excellent service (when I dropped my chop stick the busboy was over with a new ones in seconds) and fair (though not cheap) prices. Its a restaurant that should be on everyone's short list.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank nycnyuguy
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Scored a last minute reservation on OpenTable for last Saturday evening. At the entrance is was very exclusive and required a reservation to enter. We were quickly seated upon checkin, and loved the ambiance it was boho chic meets Mykonos. Light neutral colors, lots of glass, plants and steel. After sitting at our table we noticed 2 inside bar seats had opened up and we transferred to the bar, waitress was great about moving us. Once at the bar we were greeted very quickly, and went over the menu.
The fried shishito peppers and pork belly were amazing. Whatever the dipping sauce was w the pork belly was heavenly and we asked for a side homemade potato chips to dip them into. We had 3 of the sushi rolls all amazing but the himachi roll melted like butter. Drinks were all craft, and tasty. Only thing is when paying almost $20 for a drink nobody wants to see a measured pour. Veteran bartenders should not need this, and though I understand inventory management it takes away from the experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So here’s the scoop. The food is average and very pricey, The staff at the front door the hostesses and the security very arrogant and rude. The waitresses very nice I’m good service. This place was a Covid breeding ground. I’ve never seen so many people piled in a place, Without masks , sitting on top of each other. the only people wearing masks were the waiters and employees. I’m not a Covid believer but this place was like a concert . If you didn’t catch Covid you got something. I would stay away.

3  Thank wasrco
Reviewed 18 January 2021 via mobile

The staff here is not particularly hospitable or well-trained. I feel like the hostesses have a certain attitude towards the customers, which is less than friendly. My server seemed genuinely confused about the brunch concept -- he indicated that anything more than two tapas was chargeable. And he said no dessert option was offered for solo guests. From speaking with others who have dined here a few times both assertions appear to be incorrect. Service is quite slow and inattentive — it’s the sort of place where you have to fight to get any attention — and the food is predictably poor. I liked the soundtrack and the vibe here is fun, but I don’t think it’s enough to balance out all the other shortcomings.

1  Thank jjhughes3