“Very good sushi”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Great sushi. The space itself is average so take it all to go. Try the Nutella/strawberry maki for desert. Great branding on the to go bag/napkins.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

The service was slow (was hard to keep the attention for the waitresses to order drinks she was in the food for half hour) the food is excellent. In the end of the night we were happy to wait that long but i hope next time we will be able to order quicker. I recommend this place. You can watch in a screen how their prepare the food that was cool. The nutella sushi was the best part of the night

Reviewed 1 April 2016

From some of the pics I assumed this place was a big sushi factory but far from it. This is a quaint little place with maybe 14 small tables, at the most. Cute, modern decor with pink neon lighting. The owners were very personable and shared a lot about the beginning of this business. Everything is freshly made....in fact you watch them roll and make YOUR sushi on the close-circuit TV screen in the dining room! We thought we were watching a cooking channel until my hubs figured it out. My husband was so happy to realize that they can tailor make anything, including any dish with brown rice, which he eats whenever possible.
We ordered Miso Soup (3.50) and Rice (2.50 , white and 3.50, brown); Spider roll (12) and Shrimp Tempura roll (11). Wine was 8. They have beer, wine, saki, etc.... For easy parking there are nice, public lots on the corners of 9th and Washinton and 10th and Wasington. We paid a couple bucks for a few hours and walked down to Ocean Drive later in the evening, too.
I have a really hard time deciphering sushi reviews because people can get so snotty and picky about their fish, but unlike other places in MB, I didn't want to pay triple prices for the same roll I can get anywhere. We went with this one for the price point and I'm really glad we did. It was delicious, fresh and what we were looking for.

1  Thank Monica D
Reviewed 1 April 2016

You will not go wrong and please get of the main strip and find this one on Washington...park between at the lot on the corner of 9th and Washington and you are right there! So worth coming off the busy Art Deco strip of SoBe.

This was awesome sushi...some of the best I have ever had and I LOVE Sushi...from San Fran, New York City, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Dallas, Key West, Seattle...this place rivals, if not betters it! Not much of an ambiance but I would rather have it for the quality of food than the ambiance. The staff was great, recommending the right dishes and the right drinks to go with it. Try the unique sake as well...pretty good, especially since I don't drink. The price was extremely reasonable and as a health conscious person...any dish has an option to be made with brown rice. We also had the miso soup and that was delicious too...I had the Shrimp Tempura Sushi...YUMMMMMMM! Please do not miss it!!!

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Found this place while looking for something to eat at 10pm, came back the following day for the Hawaiian roll and coconut shrimp. Good atmosphere and clean place. Definitely recommend this place!

Been to Planet Sushi? Share your experiences!