“Elegance and Beauty”

Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita
Reserve with OpenTable
Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 4,540 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: South Miami Ave and 10th Street
Transit: Miami Metro Rail/ People Mover- Brickell Station & 10th Street Promenade People Mover.
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Various beautiful dining rooms on two floors, including an outdoor patio in the front on the street level and one upstairs voted as one of ten best rooftop bars in Miami, I really wanted to eat there on my upcoming trip to Miami which I am now back from. It is only one block away from the MetroMover, 10th Street stop, in a neighborhood of several appealing-looking restaurants, filled with people having a good time.

I asked the beautiful woman welcoming people in if I could eat dinner upstairs on the roof top and she took me up a curved flight of stairs with lightened candles on each step. Upstairs and outside, I was treated to garden and tables and chairs and a gorgeous view of all the multicolored lighted skyscrapers that make Miami look so impressive.

I said to another beautiful woman who had come over to take my drink order (the place was filled with beautiful women), "'Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita', isn't that the coolest name ever?" Of course I had no idea what it means, but I still loved it. She laughed, said it was, and then went off to get the glass of champagne that I had ordered. I began to wonder if "Dolores", if there really was such a person, was actually there that night. I wanted to ask her about the name, and to tell her what I think it means. So I flagged down a waiter and asked him if the owner was there, and, sadly, he said she was currently out of town. I swept my hands at that view and said, "Look at all this beauty, she shouldn't be out of town, she should stay here!" He laughed.

My theory about the name (which is just me playing, of course, somebody else will have to tell you what it really means) is that owner of the restaurant really is named Dolores, but Dolores is kind of a sad name, having to do with sorrows and tears and I wondered for years why anyone would name their precious daughter "Dolores" (except for the fact that it sounds beautiful). But then I read that on its deepest level, it refers to the tears of the VIrgin Mary, her sorrows at the crucifixion of her son, and therefore those tears, and those sorrows, are very precious and powerfully spiritual.

So "Dolores" doesn't want to give up the precious power of her name, even though she's got a more fun-loving side, too. When I hear "Lolita", I kind of think "Ooh la la!" and so sometimes Dolores wants to just let her hair down and have some fun! So you call it, acknowledge the fun-loving side of this woman!

Hey, I know we are supposed to be talking about food, but I couldn't eat it. I ordered an "Osso Bucco Lamb Shank" that came buried in a mountain of mashed potatoes and all of it smothered in tomato sauce. I desperately carved at the hunk of meat and it was dry and had no real "meat" taste. I tried my best, but I very quickly got full to the brim and just couldn't fathom eating any more. (This is why I didn't give it five3 stars.) I felt bad since it was obvious I had hardly touched it. I said to the waitress that it was good, but very filling, and normally I would have been happy to take the rest of it home, but I was traveling and therefore wasn't home, so I had to waste it.

In no way am I saying that this is a terrible restaurant with bad food. I didn't have the opportunity to taste various dishes, but you can be sure that this place had quite a lot of people eating there and they all seemed very happy. The champagne I ordered was good! I think I had just ordered something that I didn't happen to like. I would go back there in a heartbeat!

I went to the men's room downstairs on my way out and was surprised to see an attendant in an elegant bathroom with every cologne known to man on the counter for a quick spritz and lifesavers for the taking (to make sure the breath is clean I am guessing) and maybe some condoms and several packets of smokes for sale. The only other place I have seen one of those bathrooms in the United States (tip the attendant!) was at the Jonathan Club in downtown L.A. for the city's most powerful movers and shakers, so Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita helps your business, especially if your business is romance, Go there, please!

1  Thank thomasdosborneii

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Went in a group of 6 people the food was lovely and also the service was good. We enjoyed the Octopus, roast chicken and the vege lasagna without the Pasta!!! The Margaritas and Sangrias were very good. It was a lovely dinner experience and will recommend .

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

First: our server Michelle was absolutely amazing! She was on top of everything! We accidentally dropped a fork and it was like she came out of nowhere with a brand new set of silverware!

2nd: Dinner was also Amazing! Lobster Bisque, Cuban quesadilla’s, and OMG the Caprese salad was out of this world!!

3rd: the roof top seating..... WOW! It was like you were transported to a European Seaside.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

The only problem with this place is that we went on our last full day in Miami.

Will definitely return next time to enjoy a tasty pizza and a cold beer on that great terrace

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Two thumbs up. Historic building that is very well decorated. Very cool place. Great ground level patio with bar. Very happening place as the night got later. We chose to sit on the roof top patio. What a great view of downtown Miami. Service was good with music playing. Roof top patio bar too. Menu selection was good and very Miami style. Grilled Peruvian Shrimp appetizer was very tasty. Tortellini with Shrimp also had a good taste. Very good cocktail selections that were made just right. Place to be in Brickell.

Been to Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita? Share your experiences!