“Very good ”

Jaguar Latin-American Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Jaguar Latin-American Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 4,934 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Coconut Grove
Cross street: Matilda Street
Description: Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar and LatAm Grill brings Miami's flourishing Latin food scene a fresh cuisine inspired by the flavors of Latin America. At Jaguar, you can enjoy classic dishes such as Chupe de Camaron. You can also sample one of our contemporary culinary creations like the Ceviche Spoon Sampler. Located in the heart of Miami's lush Coconut Grove, Jaguar's inviting setting is that of contemporary meets casual-elegance. Partners Eduardo Durazo, Sergio Durazo, and Executive Chef Oscar del Rivero offer a diverse menu ranging from Latin favorites - highlighted by Jaguar's renowned Ceviche Spoon Bar - to modern Mexican creations, all rounded out by a selection of inspired signature cocktails and boutique wines from Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, and Brazil. Jaguar invites you to come in and stay a while at a neighborhood favorite. If you're looking for Miami's best Latin restaurants, then it's time to discover the bold flavors Jaguar Latin Kitchen has to offer.
Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

Very good and healthy food, helpful service, we were 5 adults and 2 children and everything went well

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed 26 December 2018

I have suffered through more than a few bad restaurant experiences in my life but nothing prepared me for Jaguar Latin-American Kitchen. On the plus side, Jaguar was open on Christmas night and two of the toilets in the men's room were functioning. On the minus side, everything else. We arrived at 7:10 p.m. and were seated at an outdoor table, and a bottle a water and a small basket of chips were placed before us. A mere 15 minutes later, a waitress appeared. Fearing that it might be our only opportunity, we decided to seize the moment and order drinks and food and request napkins and utensils that had been placed on every other table except ours. Thirty minutes later, the napkins and utensils had not arrived and neither had our drinks (a bottle of beer and an iced tea). The hostess appeared at the table of the people seated next to us to explain why they had been waiting three-quarters of an hour for glasses in which to pour the water placed on their table. I took advantage of her presence to ask about the drinks we had waited a half-hour for, again inquired about the napkins and utensils, and asked for more chips. Ten minutes later, the beer and iced tea appeared but still no napkins or utensils or chips. When the bus boy came to retrieve the by-now empty water bottle, I asked about the chips and, again, about the napkins and utensils. He told us they were out of chips but, to his credit, he did bring the napkins and utensils. Sixty-five minutes after we sat down and 50 minutes after we ordered, our dishes appeared. A Christmas miracle! Well, not so fast. My dining partner's meal appeared. The plate that the employee tried to set before me was not what I had ordered. When I told him what he brought was not what I ordered, the guy said the waitress must have made a mistake and tried to convince me to eat what he had brought. He noted that it would take "at least" another 20 minutes to prepare the correct dish. Though I was quite hungry, I did not take him up on his offer and just canceled my meal. I watched my companion eat his salmon and nibbled on his side salad. Then we asked for the check and, when it came 10 minutes later, I paid the bill and we left. As I ate the Snickers bar I bought at the gas station on the walk back to the hotel, I felt a momentary twinge of guilt over the 3-cent tip I left the waitress; but it was Christmas so I concluded my generosity was justified. She deserved every penny -- all three of them. (Note to Jaguar: it's swell that you decided to open on Christmas. But if you don't have the staff, will, or ability to do so, maybe you shouldn't bother. It's pretty difficult to leave a bad taste in the mouth of a customer who didn't get to eat a meal, but you did it!)

Date of visit: December 2018
Lalo D, Owner at Jaguar Latin-American Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2018

I very much appreciate your time and effort to communicate to us your unpleasant experience at Jaguar since it helps us tremendously to identify where we are not meeting our usual standards of quality and service and allows us to take the proper corrective actions so this doesn't happen again.

We would like for you to know that our ultimate goal is to serve all of our valued customers, such as yourself, with the best service and we want you to be happy with your dining experience. Please accept our apologies for your bad experience and please accept a gift card from our restaurant so that you may come back and give us a second opportunity to earn your business. Please let me know where I can mail it to.

Thanks so very much for informing us and again we are so sorry.

Looking forward to having you back!

Kind Regards,
Lalo

Reviewed 23 December 2018

Just got I to CG and had dinner with the kids at Jaguars outside. Food and service were fantastic as always. Had a plate of the Oriental Ceviche for the table to start. My daughter said "I would have just ordered this for my dinner". Excellent. My wife had the tacos and wanted to go back the next night to get them again. I had the Churasco steak plate. Fantastic. Everything was excellent. Great location. Can't go wrong.

Reviewed 20 December 2018

The ceviche spoons aren't cheap but definitely worth a try. The location is in the heart of Coconut grove. The service was decent though not over the top. The drinks were of reasonable strength and tasty. Price was fair overall though.

The main reason I dropped a star is because of the beef. A Peruvian influenced Latin place really needs to have a good lomo. In this case not that flavorful, beef a bit overcooked, and not a lot of beef so the poorest value in the meal.

Reviewed 15 December 2018 via mobile

They have an excellent attention, the staff is very friendly and knows their offer well in the menu. They also have rich gluten-free dishes (my kids have celiac disease) and they enjoyed dinner. This is a place where i will definitly go back.

Best