“Authentic Japanese Sushi Gem”

Matsuri Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 4,513 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2018

This is one of my favorite Japanese gems in all of Miami! My friend introduced me to Matsuri because he's been a long time regular for their lunch special and after trying it I can definitely see why! Located in a large shopping mall, it's a small restaurant with plenty ambiance. It does get a little cozy when it's crowded (which it often is) but the high quality service never makes it feel like a problem. I recently took my boyfriend to try their famed $9 bento box lunch special in which he was surprised not knowing about since he used to live in the area. We sat at the sushi bar and the restaurant was already filled. The owner of the restaurant does everything right----you constantly watch him circle his sushi chefs as he keeps an eye on different staff members which is why eating at Matsuri is always an excellent experience.

We ordered two rolls alongside our bento boxes which was way too much food; the box is plenty enough for a meal (comes with California rolls/salad) and there is a large variety of options so you can build your box to your taste preference. My boyfriend got: shrimp tempura & sashimi within his box and raved about it. Freshest sashimi he's had since he last went spear fishing and the best California rolls he's ever tasted---considering that he hates them. I ordered the same thing and was very satisfied.

I've been here for dinner as well which is an extensive menu of sushi, rolls, and authentic Japanese dishes----none have disappointed me thus far. If you love quality sushi this a must try restaurant!

IG: @KFitzEats

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

They manage to move a lot of people in and out but remain the freshest and with a huge menu. Best sushi in Miami. Lots of cooked items. Creative rolls. Despite being in a strip mall it remains the best around.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

If you enjoy true Japanese sushi (authentic), you have to go to Matsuri.

Fresh sushi, reasonably priced for sushi. Own and operated by Japanese. We always order Go to Ren for two ($60) because it is the best quality of Sashimi and sushi in one plate

Make reservations or be ready to wait. It is very popular.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

A very good friend recommended me this sushi restaurant saying this maybe the best sushi in Miami! Restaurant was full (we called for a reservation, good idea!), indicating what a great place it is. We had green tea and a variety of sashimi, green tea ice cream to finish! Just delicious!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

This great place is on a strip mall ...almost hidden.
This is the real deal when it comes to Japanese. they have a large menu from dumplings to raw or cook fish.
This is a place that is always full of real Japanese people.
They have a menu (in Japanese) that has more things of traditional Japanese food.
They also serve Ramen Noodles, but they are not in the menu.
The Japanese Bouillabaisse is superb and enough for 2, is a clear soup with some seafood and vegetables served in a traditional way.
The sushi boats are great to share. 4-6 can eat from a 3 ps.