“Check to see what is on display - on you visit day”

Perez Art Museum Miami
Pérez Art Museum Admission
Ranked #25 of 367 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visit Miami’s flagship art museum, and learn about modern and contemporary, international art at Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM). Exhibitions highlight Miami’s diverse community and pivotal geographic location at the crossroads of the Americas. In addition to exploring the galleries, visitors can: enjoy waterfront dining at Verde restaurant; shop a unique selection of art books, furnishings and handmade items at the museum’s gift store; and take in the spectacular views of Biscayne Bay and the elaborate hanging gardens. Designed by Pritzker Prize winning architects Herzog & de Meuron, PAMM provides an educational and civic forum for the County’s residents and visitors alike.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 21, 2018

We were underwhelmed with the art on our visit day. Expensive: $16 per ticket. We found few famous or classic pieces in this museum. The current show was also underwhelming, in my opinion.
Positive - lovely building in a lovely area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)
All reviews
"herzog"
in 31 reviews
"vertical"

Reviewed March 17, 2018

This museum is perfect for any occasion, family and friends or business, as well as to see some great exhibits, usually at their best around Art Basel in December! I go periodically since its re-opening in 2013 at its current building designed by Herzog & de Meuron!

Reviewed March 14, 2018

An exciting building by Pritzger Award winning Swiss architects Herzog & de Meuron, completed in 2013. Fantastic landscaping includes hanging gardens and a public garden as forecourt directly on Biscayne Bay. The building encourages enjoyment of the water with an open air covered porch that has the Verde Restaurant al fresco seating, free public seating, and an art installation of free steel swing seats. The steel mesh "Cucuyo" (cocoon) art installation offers coffee, soft drinks and sandwiches on the porch. Very pleasant to linger here.

Any expectation of Old Masters is unreasonable--too scarce and expensive on any art market worldwide. So expect the Perez core collection of contemporary Cuban art. It is what was available and of regional interest. We liked a temporary exhibit by a Guyana-British artist, Hew Locke's "For Those in Peril on the Sea," and Argentine Leon Ferrari's literary collages.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

I recently visited the Perez Art Museum Miami. While enjoyable, I wouldn't rush back to the museum, nor would I recommend it if you have limited time in Miami. Once of the many other art museums in the city would likely be better. The art collection is small, so you can see the entire museum in one trip, but not impressive. The parking lot was full/closed the day we visited so we had to park in an open lots several blocks away, which was a pain.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 9, 2018

I really enjoyed my visit to Perez on a lazy Sunday afternoon in late January 2018. My only regret is that I couldn't spend more time roaming around and observing the exhibits.

That venue itself is quite gorgeous - situated on the water's edge, large, modern and welcoming. I did have the impression that the exhibits we're a bit sparse, but that could be because I'm so accustomed to my home museum. I particularly enjoyed the outdoor space, which had lots of places to relax and enjoy the scenery.

I would visit this museum again and would recommend it to others.

Been to Perez Art Museum Miami? Share your experiences!