“Excellent, Unique Dining Experience”
Review of River Oyster Bar

Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 7th Street
Transit: 8th Street Metro Mover
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

My mom was determined to have seafood on our trip to Miami so we decided to check out The River Oyster Bar. TROB turned out to be an awesome little dining spot with charming decor, great background music, excellent food and perfect wait staff. We wound up here because my mom wanted crab cakes and it was on the menu. However, we both got the gnocchi & blue crab. The gnocchi was so light and tender it was like eating little bites of fluff rolled it creamy goodness. Yummy! With a side of Brussels sprouts and fried yuca with sour orange mojo something dipping sauce. I looooooved it. Worth the trip.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 18 July 2016

I met up with friends here while visiting from out of town. I was not too excited because I am not a big oyster eater but decided to take one for the team. We sat with another family so they have family style seating at the large tables which was very pleasant as we interacted with them a little during the meal. I ordered the tomato salad with black olive vinegarette dressing which was amazing! We had salmon, crab gnocchi, and the crab fried rice which everyone loved. The dessert menu looked amazing especially the 7 layer coconut cake but I was too full to partake. The server was super nice and accommodating to our group of six. Great friendly atmosphere and easy location to get to for those not familiar with Miami.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

This place lives up to the reviews. Service is very good and the menu has a lot of flavor. I had the snapper with a salsa verde sauce that was excellent. The grilled califlour was very good and the yuca fries are fabulous. We shared a 7 layer coconut and Carmel cake

Reviewed 14 July 2016

We have been to River Oyster many times for dinner but this was the first Happy Hour.
We had some drinks, a dozen oysters, baked clams and duck tacos., and basically a great time. Kudos to India, our waitress, who was very helpful with selections.
Chef David always keeps the kitchen running perfectly.
And don't forget their mussels off the regular menu.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Very rude about our reservation - apparently they don't use open table anymore and were very obnoxious about it. Avoid at all costs

1  Thank ngreten

Been to River Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!