“Wonderful, delicious, electric food; slow service. ”
Review of Tasca De Espana

Tasca De Espana
Ranked #1,191 of 4,539 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Indian, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated restaurant offering Authentic Spanish food and Indian food. We have been in business for many years. We pride ourselves in the quality of food and service we offer
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had been to a Tasca on a number of previous occasions- mainly for the Indian food.

On this occasion we invited six of our friends to join us, each couple tried something different and everyone was satisfied! One couple had seafood paella and fillet wrapped in bacon, while another had Chicken Tikka Masala, another couple had lamb shank with a chicken biryani topped with naan, lastly my wife and I had chicken tikka masala and a plain chicken biryani. We were all satisfied and individually said we'd come back again.

The only downside that we experienced is that we were there for nearly three hours because the service was so very slow. Admittedly a performance on the stage was going on and the restaurant was busy, but three hours from start to finish is a little long. My wife and I ordered garlic naan at the outset and it didn't arrive until midway through the entree.

That small nitpicking aside, we love Tasca De Espana and will be back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

This is NOT a Spanish restaurant, if you want to go to a spanish restaurant go to a real one in the Miami area. The service is a mess, the food average, and not taste that you are in a spanish restaurant, this is like a blended Indian - spanish mix. The owner is not friendly with customers at all, the restaurant looks like a night club instead of a restaurant. So I not recommended this place.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Yes! I met a colleague for a working lunch at this place because of the location and was pleasantly surprised that in addition to an extensive Spanish Menu they also served Indian food, and it was very good. I ordered some Naan to nibble while waiting for my colleague and it arrived fresh out of the oven with a little butter, it complimented the glass of white wine I decided to order. I later ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala and it was very good too. Not too spicy but it tasted fresh and home made (a very large portion for a lunch menu and it was only $8.00- I could not finish it) my colleague ordered tortilla española and ham and chorizo croquetas and she liked them too. The service was fast and very pleasant. They have a small Indian Bazaar with very reasonable prices too.
They have live music and Tablao Flamenco on Thursdays and Sundays and life music Friday and Saturdays. I will go back with my family as there isn't too many good Indian restaurants in Miami and this was a pleasant surprise!

Reviewed 20 May 2017

There is plenty of ambience, good food and service in this place. We were greeted warmly and seated right away. Our waitress Airenys was wonderful and helpful. The croquette assortment was great, ham, chicken and bacalao. The house Spanish wine was very good. The bacalao gratinado was very good as well, and came with fresh vegetables and boiled potatoes. Crema catalana for dessert was very good. My wife had Indian food and she liked everything. They have live music and they played everything well, Cuban, Spanish, Brazilian, Colombian and Dominican music, even some American. There is no cover. We will be back.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

This is a Spanish/Indian restaurant offering both types of food. They also sell some Spanish and Indian items such as jewelry, turrones, clothing, etc. There is not enough places to park specially on a busy day. We went for Mother's Day lunch. The appetizer- cheese, Serrano ham, and chorizo was very good. The buns were very good also. Margarita cocktails were good. I had "papas bravas" which are supposed to be spicy but they definitely were not spicy at all. Had a slice of the "Tortilla Española" with chorizo. It was a big piece but it was a little dry. Everyone else was satisfied with their food. The bathrooms need some TLC.

Been to Tasca De Espana? Share your experiences!