“Caffe Portofino”
Review of Caffe Portofino

Caffe Portofino
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Portofino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 4,526 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$17 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 1
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This is an excellent Italian restaurant. Every-time we visited, enjoyed the great food and good selection of wines.
They even offer an early bird.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Tried this neighborhood Italian just now. As usual, we go early to avoid chaos. This is a typical neighborhood restaurant in a shopping mall with adequate parking. Simple interior with some unremarkable art on the walls. The menu features an early bird #30.00 special if by 6:30 PM which includes regular dishes, and a $10.00 surcharge for pricier items (osso bucco, steak, etc.). It includes a glass of house wine, and a house salad. We went with that. My wife ordered veal Marsala ($24) and house salad included with the glass of wine, and I ordered a veal piccata. Both the house salad and the main dishes were a bit skimpy in the serving size (three small pieces). The wines were definitely from the lower levels. The service at first was good, but we had to struggle to get our wine glasses which finally came about 1/3rd of the way through the main course. We opted for no desert or coffee. The dinner was 30+30+tip, so about $75.00. I'd say a bit too much for a neighborhood Italian which should be about 50-60.

Bottom line, good food, small portions, a bit pricey for what you get, and so so service.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

The (2) Chicken Marsalas were excellent and the Veal Chop off the specials board was cooked medium rare to perfection. Best chop I ever ate. Medium rare on the inside with an exterior crispness. Perfect.

With tax, tip and a bottle of wine the bill came to $175. A good value too.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

We've been dining at Caffe Portofino for many years and it is our favorite neighborhood restaurant. The food and the service are fabulous. The wine is wonderful and it's so nice to go to a restaurant where they know you and take care of you. The servers have been there for years, and the atmosphere is fabulous. I highly recommend dining at Caffe Portofino.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

on certain occasions the food is great , but in others absolutely average. This is the reason I stop going. The service is always great. I have gone here for years, but I got tired of not knowing if the food will be any good or not