“Birthday dinner ”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Went here for my birthday for the first time. The reviews were generally positive so I decided to give it a try. We were able to get a table immediately, which was surprising since it was 830pm on a Saturday night. I don't know what some people were complaining about it being pricey. I found the prices in line with the quality of the food. Well, there's always Olive Garden. But I digress. I had the Osso buco, which was tender and perfectly cooked. My wife had fettuccine with pesto and lobster, also fantastic. They had a very good wine selection also. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars? The dessert. I ordered the creme brulet, not good. It was grainy and not well done. Would I return? Probably. Don't know if I'd order dessert though.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We had to pull more than a few strings to get a table for four at Secreto on a Saturday night. Arriving at this restaurant located in a small neighborhood shopping center is underwhelming to say the least. Entering, however, put all our senses at ease. The dining room is very well decorated with paintings by local artists, and all the tables are dressed in white tablecloths. The maitre'd was very warm and welcoming, and seated us right away. The other service persons made sure we had olive oil, balsamic vinegar, bread and water in very short order. The menu and wine list were large enough but not extensive (as you would expect in a small restaurant). The selections were priced from the low $20s to $40s for entrees. We ordered a bottle of Malbec from Argentina which was reasonably priced. For an appetizer, the burrata with tomatoes was the choice. a slightly smaller than a racketball came with three slices of tomatoes with prosciutto. The burrata was so fresh that it seemed to have been made the same day. The tomatoes were somewhat small and undistinguished. The cheese was worth the price of admission. The entrees varied from filet, to risotto with shrimp, and osso bucco. The osso bucco was a special which came on a bed of wild mushroom risotto. At first sight, I was surprised that the meat was not the dark reddish color usually found on a braised meat dish. Upon tasting, I was immediately won over this more natural version. The meat was fall off the bone tender and the taste was delectable, yet light. The real treasure lurked beneath. The risotto upon which the meat rested, was absolutely and definitely one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. Risotto is often too mushy, too sticky, too undercooked, too overcooked, too bland. Well, this one was cooked just right, was creamy but not clumpy, and the flavor was unique. The mushroom taste was prominent, and the small pieces of mushroom were soft and fresh. I was blown away by the whole dish. Having tasted the risotto with shrimp, it was equally well executed, lending evidence that the kitchen is adept at one of the most distinctive Italian dishes. After completing the satisfying meal, we ordered creme brulee, strawberries with zabaglione and a special dessert featuring a guava pastry with ice cream and dulce de leche (caramel). The creme brulee was pedestrian at best. The custard was somewhat grainy instead of velvety smooth. The other two desserts were another story. The zabaglione was expertly made and the combination with the cut strawberries were so creamy, smooth and flavorful that you did not want it to end. The pastry was for those that need and yearn for an extremely sweet dessert. It was unapologetically decadent. All in all one of the best all around experiences for the price.

1  Thank JBlanc197
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Invited by a freind and business partner, lunch was just great.

We both ordered and off menu item proposed by the Maitre D’ and it was two sorts of raviolis in the same plate. One was lobster sauce based and the other one was meat based.

It was just excellent.

As the entrée, not main course but appetizer, they had salad and zucchini soup. Did not even like the idea so I had none. But I must admit that their soups are usually excellent but zucchini I did not find inviting.

So the main course (not entrée) was the two raviolis which were better than good.

As desert I ordered the crème brûlée which was cold so I only ate some and not all.
Total it all I had a cortadito.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

The food Bisou very good but very pricy!!! The people arnica,ambience isn’t ok. Nothing special.
You do need a reservation.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Little would you know that in the middle of a busy intersection, in an obscure shopping center, you can enjoy and amazing dining experience! From the food, to the ambiance, this dining experience is a must.

Been to Secreto? Share your experiences!