“Love it here!”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE 117 th St.
Transit: 3 Blocks North of Barry University On the corner of 117St. & N.E. 2 Ave.
Description: Mama Jennie's has been dedicated for over 40 years to providing a Family dining experience to local residents of the Biscayne Park, Miami Shores area. The Dining area offers a friendly family atmosphere in our interior Dining. Nightly Dinner Specials starting at $11.95. We offer a Southern Italy Cuisine, fresh garlic rolls baked hourly. If your in the mood for pizza you must try are Triple by Pass a whole lot of cheese and meat. Let's not stop there you must try our fresh baked lasagna. For a fun an exciting Dining experience try our outside Sport's Grill. Full Liquor Bar with grill menu. In addition to dining in with us we offer Full-service Catering as well as Takeout & Delivery. If you are planning an event you may want to visit our Organic Garden Dining Area which seats up to 100 people. We look forward to your visit and eagerly await the opportunity to provide you excellent service.
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I can't speak for the inside part of the restaurant, but the outdoor space in the back never disappoints. Me and my boyfriend were looking for a nice Italian restaurant to have a nice quiet dinner, and instead, we found this gem! There's always a fun crowd at Mama Jennie's. It's a nice laid back place. There's a pool table, and a huge bar. Wednesday night's are karaoke, and you better know what you're doing, because these people take their karaoke very seriously. The food has always been delicious. I've had the tortollini, the lasagna, and pizza. They are all delicious... but the pizza slices. LORD! those are good! In any case, despite our failed attempt at having a romantic dinner, we always have so much fun there that we decided that Mama Jennie's is going to be "Our Little Spot."

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Well it's been 5 years since my last review of this place.
Rated it a one. Really Bad.
Came back recently because it was close by
and had a good experience.
Food has gotten a lot better.
Tonight, we were running late
so we gave it another try.
At 6:45 only 1 server working
but doing a good job.
Garlic rolls - Big improvement.
Eggplant Parmesan $ 12.99 Much Better.
Gnocchi Alfredo $ 14.99 Very Good.
Side of 2 meatballs $ 3.99 Small - Pricey.
So, all in all a big improvement.
We will go back.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Been coming here for years. Started a diet so we stopped coming. We learned they are one of the few restaurants that have "gnocchi". Tried the at the restaurant and loved them.
We wanted gnocchi again so we went to the carry out place next door. What a disappointment. The guy that takes the orders has no clue of how to deal with customers. You are ordering and he starts talking to some one else...I ordered and took the food home. Checked the bill and noticed I was overcharged 2 $
Sent an email complaining, got a n answer back fro " Jennifer" saying that he charge me extra for the sauce(???)since he did not know that it was included. She would make a note so next time I ordered, I would be credited 2$
Went there again, same rude guy at the counter, told him that Jennifer wrote a note next to my phone order to credit me 2$ His response...Jennifer is full of crap, she's always lying, there is nothing next to you phone...but I'll take the money off myself. I left and was appalled by this guy's rudeness. Of course he never took the 2$ off.
If you want service, even for take out, don't go here. You might say 2$....you cheapo....think how many 2$ this guy might have "mistakenly" added?
I will probably return to the restaurant but I will not set foot on the carry out area again.

1  Thank jorge f
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I visit this restaurant every evening so i know it very well. An Italian lady founded it many years ago. Her name was Jennifer. She passed away and her family runs this restaurant now. They have preserved her concept. There you can have tasty Italian food. If you visit this place, you get quick and friendly service. I don't recommend ordering the seafood dishes because they are made from frozen food. But everything is delicious. If you like singing, you should visit it on Wednesday at night. Every Wednesday is a karaoke day.
Mama Jennie's is an inexpensive restaurant with good and family atmosphere.

1  Thank Роман Г
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Mama Jennie's is a real Italian restaurant in Miami Shores. There are lots of Italian dishes. The waitresses are friendly and helpful. Also, the service is quick. The ambiance is not fancy but food is delicious. The portions are incredibly generous. I order chicken with fettucine but I couldn't eat all my pasta. It's easy to get to and it has plenty of parking.

I want to give some advice to Barry students.
1) There is a discount for Barry students.
2) Prices are very affordable.
3) It's the closest restaurant to Barry and the best choice.

In my opinion, 7 or 7.5 out of 10 !...

Been to Mama Jennie's? Share your experiences!