“Delicious Cuban hamburger”

Ranked #14 of 4,497 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: An Icon of Miami simple food, the Cuban Frita is the Cuban interpretation of a hamburger. Casual Family friendly environment that wants to make you part of our family. Welcome Home !
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Unassuming, cozy, warm and welcoming authentic Cuban eatery. Their menu is focused with a variety of what they feature. We tried the traditional fritas, bacalao con boniato and coffee. The fritas is simple, which makes it amazing. The only comment is if you are hungry, you'll want to have the double (or triple) or adding a fried egg. They have specials daily and the cod was delicious! There is nothing that was not totally delicious. The pricing is also really reasonable for a meal/snack. Staff are friendly and happy to tell you about their cuisine. Well worth checking it out for an informal meal.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Had to try this locally known as the best fritas in Miami.

It was a classic lunch spot with mostly counter seats and a few tables. The staff of course all spoke Spanish but I was lucky enough to get a waitress that spoke enough English to help me order.

I took all of her suggestions

Chick noodle soup
Fritas
And dessert

The Frita was served the traditional way with beef and egg and of course the thin straw potatoes on top. I was surprised that even with the bun it was actually pretty light.

The soup had a unique taste and was very good.

The dessert I tried Bc I was still hungry and
Again a different taste than what I was expecting but very good.

Total bill very reasonable ~ $15

On top of the local ambience there is a pic
of Obama on the wall apparently he made a surprise visit in 2010.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

This place is just great: great food and service. Looks like a diner but the food is 1st class. And it’s not expensive. I highly recommended!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

We stopped here right when we got to Miami and the staff were so friendly and accommodating. As we arrived near closing, we stayed past their 8pm closing time and we were never rushed nor kicked out. One of the owners? spoke great English and chatted with us about the area. Food itself was delicious and very reasonably priced. Will come again if I'm ever in the Miami area.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Back home we don't have "fritas", so I was really excited to go and was blown away by the delicious albeit very unhealthy meal! I also had a shake, unreal.