“Amazing Food and Service!”

El Mago de las Fritas
Ranked #13 of 4,525 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: An Icon of Miami simple food, the Cuban Frita is the Cuban interpretation of a hamburger. Casual Family friendly environment that wants to make you part of our family. Welcome Home !
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

This place is just great: great food and service. Looks like a diner but the food is 1st class. And it’s not expensive. I highly recommended!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

We stopped here right when we got to Miami and the staff were so friendly and accommodating. As we arrived near closing, we stayed past their 8pm closing time and we were never rushed nor kicked out. One of the owners? spoke great English and chatted with us about the area. Food itself was delicious and very reasonably priced. Will come again if I'm ever in the Miami area.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Back home we don't have "fritas", so I was really excited to go and was blown away by the delicious albeit very unhealthy meal! I also had a shake, unreal.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Good Lil joint at shopping strip along busy 8th street with limited and challenging parking. Parking may be found at an adjacent shopping strip. Welcoming staff specially professional server “Maria” who suggested yummy sauces for the star of the show “the Cuban Frita!”. A frita is made of secretive blend of meat and chorizo with tasty spices. I went with the traditional other version are available including with cheese. The frita is served on soft delicious roll filled with lil potato sticks and a tasty red sauce. Honestly ordering one is not enough they are that good - had I not been alone I would had ordered two but was embarrassed to take responsibility for what would appeared as overeating, (lol). Maria offered a small cup of chicken soup to go with frita and I was glad I took her advised while I was enjoying the delicious Cuban hot & fresh chicken soup. They offer traditional Cuban dishes: Friday’s cod fish in creole sauce served with white rice; Saturday Cuban Ajiaco served with fresh chicharrones - ajiaco is a typical Cuban comfort food; stew of delicious root veggies and beef, yum! Bottom line, place offers abundant delicious meal choices. My meal was less than $10 and great! You want home style Cuban fare go here, don’t expect fancy just good food and service. By the way “EL MAGO” himself sat at counter overseeing the operation and talking to a regular about everyday stuff; he’s the owner since the 80’s.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

When I want to feel home I always go here cause it reminds me of my childhood , good fast food at a reasonable price an the fritas are delicious .I’ve been going for years and never been dissatisfied. Fritas are the Cuban way of making hamburgers .
I highly recommend to try one when in Miami ❤️

elmagodelasfritas, Owner at El Mago de las Fritas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

We love what you wrote about us thank you can you tell me based on your words what we could do to improve the 3 stars I could find anything in your text that says average. Thank you

Been to El Mago de las Fritas? Share your experiences!