“Everything was great!”

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I didn’t know Sparky’s existed till I started looking for a place near the arena downtown. What a find! Walked in and immediately smelled the aroma of smoked meat. After a friendly greeting from a staff ember we sat down and started enjoying the classic rock music they played. The server was friendly and helpful and on their recommendation I got the brisket plate. My friend got the steak and cheese sandwich. We started with fried pickles which were The Best I ever tried. Crispy but not heavy. Perfect. Our entrees came and we were extremely pleased with both. My brisket was well seasoned, juicy, tender and lean. The cheesesteak was gobbled up before I could ask how it was, but my friend confirmed it was excellent. We finished with house made pecan pie - one of the best ever. I highly recommend Sparky’s. Will be back.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Went there thanks to Tripadvisor.Wouldn't have found this place otherwise.
You should definitely go there,delicous food and great homemade sauces.
The staff was super friendly also.
A laid back place that we can highly recommend.
I only wished I had a place like this at home.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

This is an awesome find - right off the Metromover 1st, you can’t go wrong. Food is great, service is great, and I can’t get it at home (my rule for eating out when away).

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I am originally from Ohio and Sparky’s made me feel more at home than anything else. The was the absolute best and the service was even better! Highly recommend this place

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Sparky’s Is hands down the best barbecue we have ever had. We are from Connecticut and went to Sparky’s on a recommendation from our son in law. Two of us had the pulled pork sandwich and two of us had Tyler’s pressed sandwich. All four of us were pleased with our choices. We also had the key lime pie for dessert. Outstanding as well. Do not miss stopping in for a great meal. Sparky is a great guy who runs an awesome restaurant. Go hungry leave more than satisfied.

Been to Sparky's Roadside Barbecue? Share your experiences!