All reviews coconut grove full kitchen secure parking bedroom suite within walking distance small kitchen the wi fi free breakfast front desk staff home away from home wonderful hotel south beach dishwasher balconies uber cruise
Reviewed 15 September 2018

The Residence Inn is really dated. Rooms need to be refurbished. The internet...well, it was terrible. We booked there for 3 days but after first night we checked out and found a much, much nicer hotel and a cheaper price.

The staff at the hotel are superb. They really want to make the stays good...just too bad the accommodations were not up to Marriott standards.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank MacMan1972
John P, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time and writing your review. I am sorry to read you recent stay was less than perfect due to the room and internet. Please feel free to reach out to be directly if there is anything I can do to correct your stay.

Should you travels bring you back to Coconut Grove. Please contact me directly and I will handle your reservation to ensure a perfect stay.

Best,

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

(08/12/18 @ 11:20 PM) Is someone on a hamster wheel powering - or more accurately NOT powering the internet at this hotel/motel? I’ve stayed here three times in the past 10 months and the WiFi is always down and someone is always on the phone with their IT department to get it fixed. Really?! Interestingly, I was needing the internet (I’m using my phone LTE connection to write this) to look for another hotel since my reservation specifics we’re not honored! I booked a few months ago and assumed that with GOLD that the confirmation would be honored. Not a good look Marriott Residence Inn Coconut Grove and certainly not up to Marriott standards.

-disappointed

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank -eric0400
John P, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Eric0400,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences encountered with our internet during your recent stays.

We are working diligently with our internet provider to correct this issue moving forward.

Feel free to reach out to me directly during your next trip to Coconut Grove and I will personally handle your reservation.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2018

My family and I stayed here one night prior to catching a cruise. The good things about this place is that the staff is extremely friendly and common areas are updated and modern. Also included free self parking for Marriott reward status members. Breakfast also quite nice. The unique thing about this hotel is that it has two bedroom units which is great if you have kids and need a larger place.

The downside of this place is that it is essentially a motel. All the rooms face the outside. The rooms themselves are well stocked but run down. The sofa in our room had holes in it.

Not a bad place to stay for just a night but you need to temper your expectations.

Room tip: ask for room away from pool
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank lostinatlanta
John P, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear Lostinatlanta,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the amenities offered to you due to your loyalty with Marriott. I do apologize for the layout of our property and the inconveniences encountered with your sofa bed. I will be sure to share this with the appropriate team members.

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2018

This place seriously sucks. I have been staying there many times and it's impossible not to notice how the standards keep slipping. As a Platinum Rewards member for life, I have been promoted to a large suite. Hooray! But wait . . . the cold water in the bath room has at least 150F and would not cool down. Finally, the water stops completely. Two complaints, two promises to fix it, no resolution. I had to go to lobby personally for the engineer to come to my room. He only speaks Spanish and says it's OK. I say it's not and them water stops again. Alright, it's not OK. I was moved to another room. Water OK but no Internet. Four 30-minute calls with technical support in 6 days and no resolution. I gave up. Well, they won't see me again for a while . . . . PS Two lifts in the hotel, both have safety certificates expired in July 2016. What a place! AVOID!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Martin H
John P, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Martin H,

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review. My sincere apologies for the less than perfect stay due to the water pressure and internet connectivity. These should be hassle free exceptions when guest are traveling. Sharing your concerns with the team we found the issue and corrected. I am sorry you had to experience these challenges including having to move rooms yet to experience a different problem.

We hope you allow us to change your perception of the Residence Inn Coconut Grove on a future stay should you travels bring you back to Miami.

If there is anything I can do to correct your recent stay. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I planned to stay here for the weekend. I checked in and a few hours later found out I had a family emergency and had to leave. I had pre paid my stay but the front desk lady who helped me was so kind. She cancelled my reservation with out charging me, which she didn’t have to do. I truly appreciate the kindness she showed. I would definitely stay here in the future.

Trip type: Traveled with family