“We were looking for a good seafood option...”
Review of The spillover

The spillover
Reserve with OpenTable
The spillover is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 4,931 Restaurants in Miami
Reviewed 22 December 2018 via mobile

A must try for delish food!!! We had the crab cake sandwich, fish tacos, shrimp and buffalo fish app, and finished with chocolate cake and key lime pie. Wow!!Equally as impressive was their serving staff very friendly, happy and helpful. We loved our server, he seemed to enjoy his job which equalled a great experience for us. Visiting from the Midwest and had been to 4 other restaurants and this was the best one BY FAR. Quality food, for a good price. Thanks for being great hosts!

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 20 December 2018

The happy hour has good options - beer, well drinks, etc. And a couple of nice appetizer selections at a good price. They do have a little bit of false advertising on the mixed drink portion of the happy hour where they charge more for what are supposed to be their regular cocktails. At least the waiter advised in advance before bringing the drinks.

A couple service misses - very slow (excuse was that drinks are made from scratch, but really - most only have 3 or so ingredients); a couple mistaken orders (we opted just to keep the items that came anyway since we were in a group and they were going to be consumed)

The food overall is quite good though if a bit fried food centric. And the drink pours for spirits are generous.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 10 December 2018

Terrific, fresh food in a lovely setting. The service was wonderful as well. As usual in Miami these days, my wife and I (late 50s and early 60s) were the oldest ones in the restaurant, but that's ok -- we were most welcomed there. Great for a meal and then a stroll around the Grove -- which was THE place in Miami for years, fell off for awhile, and now is back.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 November 2018 via mobile

Good food. My wife had the shrimp with zucchini pasta and it was delicious. I had the fish reuben also delicious. The kids had fish and chips and a salad. They were just alright. Only down side is prices are a bit steep. Specially the drink prices. Service was good and friendly.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Had a business meeting in Coconut Grove today and my colleagues insisted we dine here. Right off the bat, I loved the place.

Super cool, eclectic decor. The food and service was simply fantastic. The "snapper bites" I think they were called, and my fish tacos were wonderful. The Service was super attentive, provided great recommendations and made sure everything was perfect.

A special shout-out to Vanessa - whom I swear looks like Scarlet Jo...actually like her brunette twin. Well, Vanessa may have an edge on her. But back to her service. Just exceptional service and mad bartending skills.

My 2 cents
Greg T.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank 875gregt

Been to The spillover? Share your experiences!