“Authentic Northern Chinese Food”
Review of Dumpling King

Dumpling King
Ranked #515 of 4,559 Restaurants in Miami
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Their specialty is Northern Chinese food. Very basic setting with tasty dumplings at very reasonable price.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Came back from San Francisco recently and was craving dumplings which are not a Miami specialty. Looking online, I found a few places in the Miami area with decent dumpling offerings but all of the guides pointed to Dumpling King. Although it is a little bit north of where we are, we decided to give it a try and brought along a native Singaporean to help us judge! The place is in a small strip mall next to a Subway and Chinese grocery. We arrived right at opening (11:00 Sunday) and it was not busy but while we there it became packed; a good sign! We ordered the Shanghai soup dumplings, chives pork/shrimp fried dumplings, and the cold noodles with sesame sauce. The dumplings were delicious and huge! I highly recommend the soup dumplings which took me back to Chinatown in San Fran. The pricing was very reasonable for the amount of food we got. It is not a fancy decorated place but it is great for a good dumpling meal that won't break the budget. They also offer a wide selection of bubble tea which my two companions ordered and enjoyed. Overall good experience and will definitely return.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The Shanghai soup dumplings are found in some dim sum restaurants. They are dumplings filled usually with pork and soup. Here they are their specialty. Because the soup inside the dumplings is very hot, you bite off a little bit of the dough on top to allow the steam escape. Then you dip it into vinegar and ginger. My wife and I get this every time we are here. The other dish we selected this time was a spicy seafood soup with cellophane noodles AKA in Tagalog as Pancit Sotanghon. Service was typical of these type of Asian restaurants. The place is in a small strip mall where PK Oriental Mart is.
The Shanghai soup dumplings are found in some dim sum restaurants. They are dumplings filled usually with pork and soup. Because the soup inside the dumplings is very hot, you bite off a little bit of the dough on top to allow the steam escape. Then you dip it into vinegar and ginger. The other dish is actually a spicy seafood soup with what you call Pancit Sotanghon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

So I recently went to NY and ended with a new craving....soup dumplings. When I returned home to West Palm Beach I really wanted some. So I googled, trip advised and Yelped until I found a likely candidate. The soup dumplings were on par with NYC and everything else I had there was amazing. I will be making this 1 hour and 20 minute trip frequently.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I've been reading that there is a lack of good Chinese food in Miami. In general, I agree wholeheartedly. I'd eaten here a while ago with my husband and was not crazy about it, but I decided to stop for lunch while in the neighborhood. Most diners had the specials - I would not characterize them as good. I chose the seafood udon - not really Chinese, but it was huge with piping hot soup, loads of noodled and a fair amount of protein. My neighbors were enjoying the soup dumplings and had a beautiful dish of bok choy and mushrooms - it was just too big for me alone - though I admired it. Well, out of the blue, a dish of bok choy and mushrooms appeared on my table, offered by my neighbors - how very nice, thank you! I had few delicious bites and will enjoy the rest at home. This was good Chinese food.

And when you're finished pop into PK Oriental for an amazingly wide range of Asian foodstuffs. Can't resist the dirt cheap shallots.

Been to Dumpling King? Share your experiences!