“Good food!”

Olympia Cafe
Ranked #81 of 490 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 29 January 2018

After a terrible meal Friday evening at a local Mediterranean restaurant, I decided to get back on the bicycle as soon as I could and visited Olympia Cafe for lunch. Glad that I did. The staff is very friendly. The food was very good. And, this is always a good sign: several people who came in for lunch while I was there were obviously regulars.
I had a gyro and a Greek salad. I would rate them as just a slight cut above similar offerings at Gyros and More. The salad was larger, a bit more variety of ingredients, and somewhat fresher. I give the Olympia gyro a slight edge on their pita. It seemed fresher, softer, and was served nice and warm.
The baklava that I had was as good as any that I have had, anywhere.
I will definitely be back to try other items on their menu.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

You have to give this place a try if you never been there. Very authentic Greek gyros and salads. Haven't try anything else but my co-workers have had other things on their menu and enjoy it very much.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Was in town for business and went there without really having any prior history in the lunch was fantastic. I had a gyro it was actually spectacular

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I visit Olympia Cafe frequently and It is the best Greek cafe in the area. The gyro's are outstanding the greek salad w/ chicken is amazing. (Teddy's Special Salad).

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

I've driven by this place many times, and since I love Greek food, I decided to stop by and try it. I ordered a Gyro combo, which included fries and a soft drink. With a tip it came to a total of $11.61. The place was quaint, clean and nicely decorated. There was a large clientele, so they must do well. The gyro was made well and it it had fresh ingredients. It could have had a lot more meat, though. The service was friendly and the cook called everyone by their name when their order was ready. It was a nice touch. He seemed to have a lot of friends as costumers, which gave the place a nice, homie ambiance. The only negative feedback I would have to give is that the cook called me Carlos as I was leaving, even though my name is Jose and he just called me by my name when my order was ready. But I do appreciate him trying to make a personal connection with a new costumer. I will be back to try some other items from the menu.