“A favorite for dates & family”
Review of The Mansion

The Mansion
Ranked #29 of 448 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm planning a trip here next week for drinks with a coworker. The Mansion has always been a favorite of my and that of my family.
Rating 5 stars to help counter some of the 1-star reviews about the masks. They are not mandated in our great state. If you are fearful you should stay home or eat at a chain restaurant that requires them.
Kudos, Mansion!

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Chandadiane
Write a reviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No mask in a pandemic. I won't be back. It is unfortunate because I really enjoyed this place. I came w 2 elderly people and it was wrong

4  Thank dgray7772k
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my holiday treat for myself and friends. The food and private atmosphere is my little break from the world and to enjoy the food with my peers is very important to my wellbeing. I relish my visits to the Mansion.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 22 January 2021

We've been loyal customers for a few years. Due to Covid-19 last visit was Jan 2020 to celebrate a birthday. Looking forward to enjoying the rooftop and supporting a local business to celebrate again Jan 2021 - we will now NEVER go back!

Having grown up in the restaurant business I am a little familiar with how they run. I also spent 10yrs in food service, currently work in hospitality and family currently owns 2 SoFlo restaurants in downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Only reason we did not leave, we were meeting friends!

Walking up the stairs, not a single patron was wearing a mask, on the roof, not a single server or bartender were wearing a mask

No floor markings for physical distancing, at the bar-stools or on/between tables

The empty side of bar with enough room to sit and still physically distance - FILTHY! Napkins, glasses, crumbs, spillage etc. The mask-less bartenders while friendly, were oblivious and could care less. Must have walked past the mess 10x. Even after being served our 1st round while waiting 15mins for our friends - the mess my legally blind grandmother could spot a mile away sat there untouched!

Friends arrived and we moved to a table. It was chilly, we wanted a table in the sun. ALL 4 tables to choose from were dirty and had not been wiped clean. Pro Tip: when you are turning tables, wiping them clean for the next customer is a great idea, and not something they should do themselves.

While the wait staff were friendly, and thoughtful in issuing separate checks without asking, NONE, NOT ONE of the 4 to 5 servers we had float to/fro our table ever wore a mask… safe to assume the kitchen staff aren’t wearing a mask or following CV-19 protocol either

While the food was decently palatable – portions are much smaller, prices have spiked, the wine menu is sad and wine pours are weak, very weak and definitely not worth the price!

The Mansion we once knew and loved is no longer. Staff has changed, the quality of food, service and cleanliness has been swept out to sea and most of all there is complete and total disregard for the health and safety of the community that is attempting to support them in a struggling economy during a global pandemic.

With SO many small business owners going to great lengths to keep thing safe and clean struggling to keep their doors open – this place is worth skipping! Plenty of other delicious choices with equal or better views, better service, better prices, owners/management and staff who sincerely care about the community to $pend your money!

3  Thank Yoga_Chica73
Reviewed 18 January 2021

Reservation for 6p for two. Told to go grab a table. Waited a bit for menus. Finally someone approached and asked if anyone took drink order and we gave it to him. In the next 5 minutes two other people came by and asked same question. None of them ever identified themselves. Obviously no one was assigned to the table. Placed an order for a salad and burger. 40 minutes later the server comes and says the kitchen lost your ticket and they are rushing the order now. 15 minutes later the food shows up. Food was fine. Asked for the check, no discount offered, no manager stopped by to apologize. Just didn’t care. Stay away