“Tried to get a reservation for 6 at 6:45 for 3/16 or 3/17. Told 5:45 or 7:30”

Marek's Bar and Bistro
Ranked #19 of 89 Restaurants in Marco Island
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2021

As year rounders we dine here numerous times. Now they want very early seating or too late seating because there are 6. No we're none. We're done.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank U2000DDfrankc
peter m, Owner at Marek's Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2021

so you rated us 3 stars because you couldn’t get a reservation ?
I’m very sorry we could not offer availability at your requested time. As Restaurant owners we reserve the right to offer availability and arrange our table strategy as we please and I hate to bore customers with these details but here goes. With a table of 6 we have to but 2 tables together , during our busiest season as a business we have to turn our tables 2 and maybe 3 times , if you wanted to come at your desired time we would likely be unable to achieve a second seating on your (2) tables and as a small business especial after the last business year that all restaurants have experienced that is not a strategy we have decided on but I’m sure this is not something you considered while trying to make your very rigid reservation time. Our goal is to please our customers and offer them an enjoyable dining experience but first and foremost we are a business.

As “year rounders ” my suggestion would be not expect to name your time at a busy restaurant during the busiest month of the year. I’m sorry your are “done” with our establishment but hopefully you will enjoy your dining experiences else where.

If you would like to discuss please feel free to contact me and I’d love to explain the nuances of our sales strategy.

Kind Regards
Peter

Write a reviewReviews (633)

Reviewed 2 March 2021

Went for dinner on a Friday night. Food was excellent, good variety of seafood. Very nice building and atmosphere. Service was very good. Singer / guitarist was very good - added a nice island vibe.

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

I emailed the restaurant and the owner emailed me back promptly — we chose this place because it had live entertainment in Wednesday’s. This place is unique — loved the atmosphere and our food was amazing! I had halibut and it almost melted in my mouth- delicious !!! Highly recommend this somewhat hidden gem.

Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

Great food, great service, great music on a Friday night when we were there. I’ve never had a bad meal here. This is a must on Marco!

1  Thank meanderalongwithme
Reviewed 9 February 2021

My Husband & I did not visit this eatery the first time we visited Marco Island a couple years ago, so we made sure to visit here this time. The historic building had nice decor and lighting. There is an option to eat outside, which we usually prefer, but we sat inside since it was a cool evening. I had the crab stuffed shrimp and my Husband had Banana Grouper. Both dishes were tasty. We split the carrot cake as a dessert. The dessert was a bit small in size, but it was tasty. Stoli was our server, and he did a great job. We recommend a visit to this eatery if you are visiting Marco Island.