“Great food and drinks on the Bay”

Mangos Dockside Bistro
Ranked #32 of 125 Restaurants in Marco Island
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining on Smokehouse Bay...Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and sushi. Large full liquor bar. Inside waterfall, and family-friendly for children. Dogs are welcome for patio dining too. Gluten Free menu choices, as well as vegetarian selections. Numerous fresh seafood choices. Family owned and operated. And Marco Island's premiere catering service!
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Although my wife and I have been coming to Marco for years, this was our first visit to Mangos and it didn’t disappoint. Great food and drink and friendly waitstaff. We’ll be back for sure!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,841)

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I have up to now been a fan of Mangos. Tonight was a total disappointment. My family and I arrived for an early dinner. They were expecting a large group which might explain the poor service we received. Our server was obviously distracted. We had to repeat our order numerous times he was constantly dashing past our table when we were hoping to order.

I ordered the whiskey burger. When it arrived and I had begun to eat it, I realized it did not have the whiskey glaze which was the prime ingredient in the burger. Since I had little hope of seeing our server and I didn’t wish to sit around watching my family eat I ate my burger. In addition, the fries were stone cold.

When the check was delivered I mention the lack of glaze on the burger. He mumbled an apology and nearly tossed the bill and my credit card back at me.

I don’t believe I will return.

Lauren R, Owner at Mangos Dockside Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your most recent experience at Mangos was not a positive one. Since you mentioned you have been a fan of ours until now, you know that your negative experience is not something that is of the "norm" for us. I truly hope you dine with us again in the future and ask for myself, Lauren or my manager, Jesus and we will make sure you enjoy your next experience. Everybody has a bad day and unfortunately it may have been one for us. I appreciate you letting us know about your disappointment, if we don't know, we cannot fix it. Thanks.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

The service was great, the food was fantastic. I ordered the baked seafood combo, which included the most perfectly cooked scallops I've ever had. The sushi was quite tasty also! Two complaints-- a few people in our party ordered the macadamia-crusted mahi, which came out so dry that neither person finished it. Also, I can't believe that they have such a large outdoor seating area and not one single fan! We were miserably hot bc there is no breeze behind the restaurant. We had wanted to be on the water, but the stagnant heat made it nearly unbearable. They would greatly enhance the outdoor dining experience by adding a few fans and I'm amazed that hasn't been done. Overall, I would go back.

1  Thank The_Good_Life09
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Beautiful location near the harbor. Really nice staff. Food came quickly and was delicious. Get the cream cheese soft pretzel with ice cream and caramel sauce. Best desert I have ever had.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

We ate outside by the dock to watch sunset while we ate. Our server was quiet, but nice and was good.
We got a sushi roll and onion rings as an appetizer and both were really good. Some in our party got the filet and they raved about it. It was cooked perfectly with really good flavor.
The cocktails were tasty as well. I'd definitely return!