“Very decent sushi”
Review of Thai Star

Thai Star
Ranked #19 of 80 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It's challenging to find good food in the area. Lots of well rated restaurants that really don't hold up.

This place is very decent. Nothing special to the decor. Service is friendly and good. I haven't tried the Thai food there but have had sushi a coupes times and it's been pretty consistent.

In my last visit, the King crab and yellow trail sushi were both delicious. I don't love the spicy tunes rolls. They seem to use a dry spice mixed into the tuna rather than a spicy mayo and I just don't prefer it. The duck salad was very tasty. Liquor and drink menu was very reasonable.

It's become a go to for us in a land of mediocre pub grub and questionable quality fried fish.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Come here every few weeks. Never a bad experience, great food always friendly. Large selection, helpful servers, non judgmental sushi place you can feel comfortable bringing first timers.

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

Our family was staying right across the street and my husband and I needed a break from our condo vacation food, so we went here for dinner. It was nicely decorated and clean and our server was very friendly. I had the shrimp pad Thai and it was so delicious! Would definitely recommend for some flavorful, good food!

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Nicely decorated, very clean and the waitress was friendly and helpful. We got the lunch special. It came with a great ginger sauce on the salad, and wonderful spring rolls. We also ordered calamarie which was tasty. I ordered garlic chicken and I was surprised they used granulated garlic sprinkled on top, no other garlic but it still tasted great with lots of veggies and flavorful chicken. My boyfriend ordered a beef dish and loved it. We liked the upbeat music and reasonable prices for lunch. I would definitely go back. The people at the next table got 2 huge sushi plates and were very happy. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed July 18, 2017

We ordered Basil Fried Rice Chicken spicy. All they did to make it spicy was add red pepper flake and a lot of it. It was spicy mind you, but if I ate a whole bottle of red pepper flake my mouth and the taste would have been the same. The rice was a crunchy as the red pepper flake and the chicken and basil were sparse.