“Great Vegetarian Friendly Thai!”
Review of Cafe de Bangkok

Cafe de Bangkok
Ranked #13 of 84 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Description: Welcome to Cafe de Bangkok - House of Authentic Thai Cuisine! From the heart of Thailand's capital city of Bangkok, Executive Thai Chef Yanee traveled the globe to bring a fresh and exciting perspective of Thai cuisine to Tampa Bay!
Reviewed 18 April 2018

My husband is a vegetarian, so it is always a challenge to find something good to eat. He loves Thai - me, not so much. I went in the hopes of being able to get something that the both of us would like and we were not disappointed! Scott, the host, was super friendly, helpful and informative about the food on the menu. We were able to customize our dishes based on our dietary needs, which made for a totally enjoyable experience. We went there three times during our visit to eat - two times for a meal and another for an appetizer and dessert. Everything was delicious, but make sure you leave room especially for the coconut ice cream and roti!

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing. One of the best Thai meals I have ever had. The flavours were out of this world and such a welcome break from the standard burger, pizza and fries you see everywhere.
I can't recommend the food highly enough. We were gutted to find it on our last evening or we would definitely have been back.
It was our kids first Thai meal, the chef was excellent at reducing the chilli heat for them and they thoroughly enjoyed the chicken satay starter and the massamam curry. My meal was was the special. Not only did it look impressive but it tasted fantastic.
We chatted to the waiter and it's only been open 6 months. I really hope it does well as it deserves to. If you love Thai food, go here. If you haveoe tried it before, this is the place to start.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My husband and I love Thai food and have tried lots of Thai restaurants in many different cities and this one is the best! The food is fresh and delicious. The staff is very friendly and make you feel welcome immediately. We are vegan and found many options on the menu. Best of all, the beach is right across the street!

1  Thank Nancy W
Reviewed 26 March 2018

This top-notch Thai restaurant opened just half a year ago in a small building on Gulf Blvd in Madeira Beach, across the street from hotels and condos and the beach. The cook, who cooked for people in the Embassy in Thailand, says she prepares meals that are authentic Thai, not the Americanized versions you see everywhere. Yeh, sure... but she was totally correct. Astounding flavors in everything, cooked to the exact "hotness" degree you specify. Unlike typical Thai restaurants, who serve small portions, Bangkok gives you large Italian-restaurant sized portions- two entrees will totally fill up two people. Prices are reasonable-most hovering around $10. We are foodies, and I try to figure out the ingredients in a tasty dish- but these dishes go way beyond normal Thai in complex spices and flavors- I gave up trying to figure them out, However the chef taught Thai cooking in her previous restaurants and our waiter says she may do so here in the future... I can't wait. I'll be first to sign up. Don't miss the Bangkok "special"- the Kao Soi, noodles and big chunks of chicken in an incredible coconut/curry sauce. There are some tables inside and a few outside a few feet from the loud traffic, but you need to come EARLY to snag a table and even more important- a parking space, as they have only a few dedicated spaces and the only other option is to use pay meters at the public beach down the road. Talking to people at the next table (who eat here several times a week) and hearing others talk shows this cafe attracts a predominantly New York city crowd- odd, as this is the mostly Midwest-origin West Coast St. Petersburg settlers and tourists- but New Yorkers know good food at a good price. 'Nuff said- go there and enjoy!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This was obviously a popular restaurant - you could tell by the cars parked outside. When you got inside and spoke to some other guests you could tell just how special as these people were local residents. We had a wait a while to be seated because it was so full and maybe the restaurant would be best advised to have some 2 seat tables as well as the normal 4 seat tables as space was available but at already occupied 4 seat tables taken by couples. When we were seated, we were well looked after by their staff who were excellent at catering for our every need. My party ordered a range of drinks and meals and each person was ecstatic about the quality and taste of their meal.