“Fresh and plenty for your money”

Hinata Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #41 of 84 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Reviewed 17 July 2017

This place has been open for a little bit and it's only a block from my house. I can't believe I didn't go sooner. It was delicious and so fresh! I'm haven't always been big on sushi but I have grown fond of tuna. I had a roll called Crazy Girl which had shrimp tempura in the middle. It was so good. Also tried the chicken and veggie tempura for appetizer. All good. The decor is beautiful, too. You can have a private table, sit at the sushi bar or at the Hibachi tables. I went for a late lunch so there was no waiting. I hear dinner on weekends can be a long wait as it is a smaller place. Hibachi dinners are high priced but they pretty much are at any decent Japanese place. $25 to $30 for combo steak or lobster.

1  Thank DHerman_12

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We decided to have my son's wedding rehearsal dinner there. What a great place! 1st, the food was excellent, and the staff were eager to please. The shrimp and scallops were fresh, and prepared to perfection. I am not a big shrimp guy, but even I enjoyed them. When it came to the steak, the chef asked each at the table how they wanted their steak prepared. The cut of steak was lean, fresh and properly prepared. Most restaurants such as this do a so-so job on the fried rice, but not here. Simple, fresh, and correctly seasoned. The same with the fried noodles. The day after I was still receiving rave reviews from my guest.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Dinner here was fabulous. Portion sizes were enormous and food was very good. Our hibachi chef was very nice, fun and we enjoyed watching him cook. Would love to come back again.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is in a busy strip mall next to a publix grocery, looks invisible but I have wanted to give it a try as I live very close by. We stopped in with no expectations! The place itself is beautifully decorated and has 4-5 hibachi grills with seating for groups of 10. Sushi bar seating as well as table dining. We ordered a combo sushi that was chefs choice (included miso soup and small salad) a few rolls off the menu and hot green tea. Sushi was yummy and had a variety of large pieces of fish (nigiri). Miso soup could have been a bit better but I liked it. Sesame dressing on salad tasted homemade. Noodles that were delivered to another table looked piping hot and good. Hibachi chefs seemed friendly and entertaining the food carts they brought out looked like all fresh items onboard! I'm looking forward to going back with friends for the Hibachi. Service was prompt, price was in the medium range. You can dress casual and they have take out! Give it a try you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Excellent Japanese resturant,did not eat a The teppin ,ate at a table alacart and everything served was tasty and presented on time with friendly courteous service