Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews boat ramp lobster season sliding glass door small beach gulf side the florida keys fishing bridge full kitchen docks bait ocean marathon bicycles motel townhouse paradise units
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2022

Loved the location between Islamorada and Marathhon at the southwest tip of Long Key on the Gulf side.The rooms have names of fish.We stayed in #1 Permit. The porch is right on the water which made it excellent to fish right outside your sliding glass door. You couldn't get closer to the ocean. The water is shallow so there is almost no waves. We caught fish almost every cast. They sell ice and bait in the office or there are marinas close by. There is a boat ramp and docks to tie your boat. The Long Key fishing bridge with parking is just across the street. You also have free use of kayaks and bicycles. We used the charcoal grills and picnic tables several times.They also have a swimming pool.They have rooms with or without kitchens. I will come back every chance I get. It is a small motel with true island feel.

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2022

This is definitely five ✨⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️hidden gem in Layton key.. my wife and kids love it here .. from the sunrise and sunset to the small beach like area.. we couldn’t get enough .. the owner and staff are attentive to our needs .. definitely will be coming back for lobster season..

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed July 12, 2022

Excellent place to stay with many amenities. Very close to the water with private beach and docks. Pool area is beautiful with chairs, tables. Rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff is welcoming and they always have smiles on their faces ready to help. Really brighten the whole experience to be met with a smile.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed July 5, 2022

I have previously stayed in this hotel with my family. We usually all rent small rooms and spend the weekend there. We figured since we always just stay in one persons room, this time we would rent the townhouse together. When we first arrived the front desk staff was extremely rude and let us know that there couldn’t be more than 6 people. The townhouse has two rooms with 1 king bed and 1 sofa each. Plus a sofa bed room downstairs. There was plenty of space for more people. I showed them that online it says you can pay for additional guest ($15 per guest) and they told me in a nasty attitude to ignore anything the website says. We tried to reason with the staff and they were just closed off and unwilling to help us at all. I would understand if the hotel provided breakfast or some additional amenities but they don’t. We bring our own food so it’s like we are stealing anything from the hotel. The front desk staff even threaten us with calling the cops if they saw more than the 6 desk in our rental unit. We did see throughout the hotel that in other rooms with less beds there was an excessive amount of guest. So I guess the new policy only applies to certain people. These rooms were booked earlier this year and being 4th of July weekend, my family ended up having to rent in a very expensive hotel near by and when they came the next day to just hang out again the staff seems to be overly excited to target my family once again. They didn’t even allow them to stay with us. The front desk in the edgelodge was completely disrespectful and unhelpful. This was the last time I will stay there. They need to re-train their staff on how to politely talk to their guest and they need to update their website if they are under new management. Extremely disappointed with my time here and a complete waste of my money and energy trying to communicate with the staff here.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed July 1, 2022

BEWARE PLZ READ...when we stayed here we rented a kayak and in order to rent you have to leave your card and ID untill you return it. I can under needing a down payment or card on file but why did they need both we did it tho as this is how they run things but the next day 3 transactions came on my card for 3 online purchases for BJ wholesale store which we did not do for over $1,000 and I was on vacation for a week and only used my card 2 time as the rest of the trip we used my husband with that being said it could only be 2 places here or the other place but to do online purchases with BJ you need to enter the zip which conveniently they had so I reached out to the owners email to let him know of what happened so he can check the cameras to see the person at the front desk so this doesn't happen to anyone else and he blocked my email with no professional response to look into then we found out later the guy at the front was his nephew so beware not worth the stay as a lot more issues with service and room with the stay but was over looking this till our card was used fraudulent and seeing they didnt care and blocked me make them seem guilty. After looking into reviews more they dont seem to care or reply to people who have any issues STAY CLEAR not worth the trouble. Im looking into doing more to get this place investigated for fraud before this happens to more families coming to enjoy vacation here. Hope this help others avoid getting scammed.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Edgewater Lodge, Owner at Edgewater Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2022

We respectfully requested that you reach out to us urgently so that this matter could be investigated, we do not show an email from you so you could either contact me via emailing info@edgewaterldoge.com or by calling 305-664-2662 as I have no way of reaching you directly, please contact us so I could obtain more information regarding your concerns and complete our internal investigation as our guest credit card security is of upmost importance.