8 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.comUS$179
Official HotelUS$179
getaroom.comUS$188
1,001 results
All reviews valet parking resort fee coffee shop main building pool bar octopus bungalow room valet service across the street tacos beach resort private pool free bikes chairs and umbrellas dunkin donuts an umbrella ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for my birthday. We enjoyed our room and some of the staff, but my husband on several occasions felt ignored by other staff when attempting to order on at the two bars at the Plunge. One particular occasion was the morning we were checking out. My husband went to order breakfast from the bar and he stated he was looked at in the eyes and blatantly ignored. He also noticed while he was being ignored the white patrons were not. He came back to me upset and didn’t want breakfast. No one should have to feel this way. We have paid the same money as everyone else. I brought this up to the manager and he apologized and said he would speak with his staff. Later he found us on the beach to apologize through lunch and drinks, which was nice but I hope they really they don’t only speak to their employees but train them to treat all patrons of all skin tones the same.

1  Thank KCuller
Tom Mulroy, General Manager at Plunge Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear KCuller,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience while you were still here at the resort. I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to listen to your concerns and try to make amends before you departed.

I take your comments very seriously and immediately addressed them with our management team and associates on property. We have diversity training and policies in place and will complete reorientation for all associates on these policies to ensure what you experienced does not happen again.

Perhaps if you visit the area again you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back. Please reach out to me if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Tom Mulroy

Reviewed 3 March 2021

Everything about Plunge was pleasing and made our stay at Ft. Lauderdale very memorable. The facility itself (we stayed at the main building out of the three they own) was very modern and clean. Masks are required anytime you are indoors, and there are plenty of places where you can access hand sanitizers. Housecleaning is done every three days due to covid, but you can always ask to get the garbage removed or for clean towels and toiletries. Our room had a balcony and was ocean/pool facing and greatly enjoyed the view.

The gym is available via appointment only and i only ever saw one person at a time, which was great. Plunge, is also i believe the only hotel in the area to offer beach loungers and umbrellas, as well as bike rentals (with a two hour limit) at no additional cost. Just make sure you get the towels, loungers, and umbrellas by noonish the latest or else they may run out. They're great perks and we definitely used both!

Location is awesome, with a plaza across the street that has a supermarket, CVS, Dunkin Donuts, Dollar Store, and a cafe. A 15 minute walk in the other direction is Commercial Street, which is where the restaurants, bars, and shops are located.

And of course there's the staff who were fabulous all around, especially Renata and Joe (and everyone else's names i cant remember right now). They're of great help when you have questions or need something, and everyone has a smile and pleasant attitude.

If i had to mention one con, and a very minor one at that: on some travel sites, laundry services is something that's listed as an amenity but its not something they actually offer. I bought it to the front desks attention, and was told they would update the info. It has been removed from tripadvisor, but still mentioned on other sites (probably cant mention the sites in the review), but hopefully they will get around to updating the other sites as well. There is a laundry mat by Commercial Street, so no biggie and not worth a ding in my overall rating.

Having said all that, I would give Plunge Beach Resort my highest recommendation and will absolutely stay there again if in the area.

Room tip: Get the beach loungers, umbrellas, and towels before they run out!
3  Thank mohammedc537

Thanks for taking the Plunge, Mohammed! I'm stoked that you had an excellent stay with us and that Renata, Joe and the rest of our team made it even better! We can't wait to welcome you back! PS We are working on the data update related to laundry services and this should be completed soon. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

From the customer service I received on the phone when booking, as well as through my visit, the great decor and location are some of the reasons I would return in a heartbeat. Pool bar had fresh food, reasonably priced and delicious. I would not expect that at a pool beach bar so I was pleasantly surprised! Fresh guacamole, great tacos, good drinks and friendly quick service!! The decor in the room and the reception is great!! Not cookie cutter hotel looking style! Walking to LBTS restaurants was a breeze!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the Plunge! I'm really glad you had an excellent stay with us and were able to experience all that our resort has to offer, including those little unexpected surprises like tasty guac and tacos! Please drop in again soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2021

Everything about this place was amazing. The location to the beach, restaurants, the overall vibe was great. We will absolutely be coming back here to stay. Abraham, Steve, and Cindi were some of the best bartenders we've seen in a while. Super down to earth, eager to please, and very accommodating.

Date of stay: January 2021

Thanks for the excellent rating! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that Abraham, Steve and Cindi made it even better. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 1 March 2021 via mobile

So many resorts/hotels/motels to chose from so I’m glad we found Plunge Beach Resort! Splurged on Ocean Front King ( got a good rate on Booking.com) and our stay did not disappoint!
Once we arrived, text came to my phone stating to reach out if we needed anything! Loved that! I did need a replacement hair dryer for the room snd they brought me a new one within an hour! Ice machines on 2nd and 4th floor were refilled regularly too!
Room was clean, low noise and only cleaned every 3rd day due to COVID but we certainly managed with getting towels/emptying trash on our own!
Loved the “free chairs” and umbrella at the beach ( remember - you pay a resort fee) but if its windy - no umbrella! Those guys work hard so tip well!
Pool side was great too but of course not as many chairs and it got pretty busy by afternoon - go to the ocean instead!
Lastly - loved free bike rentals - take Washingtonia St all the way down and there is a lively little neighborhood to bike around in!
Overall - stayed 4 nights and had a great experience! Thankyou!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Really appreciate your kind words, Heather. I'm glad you had an excellent stay and that you were able to experience all that our resort has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon! Until then, remember: wherever life takes you ... Plunge in!