“Rockin Shrimp were Rockin”

Kobe Italian Japanese Steak House
Ranked #117 of 318 Restaurants in Largo
Reviewed 21 August 2016

This was our first first to Kobe - The service was good. The menu is huge. if you are a sushi lover, you can't go wrong. The server when asked for a recommendation, nothing specific was mentioned..

With your entree, soup (broth) and salad (iceburg core! yuck) is served. The dressing for the salad was delish and the broth was very flavorful.

We had the Kobe Steak for two - served with lobster, chicken and shrimp; fried rice, noodles and sauteed veggies. YUMMY. The dippy sauces were amazing. The steak cooked to perfection!

We ended dinner with FRIED CHEESECAKE - OMG yumminess!

1  Thank TRouissiya

Reviewed 23 June 2016

My son talked my wife and I into making a foray into the exotic realm of Japanese cuisine, which neither of us had ever tried before. The restaurant itself was not anything out of the ordinary, but the food was much more than just satisfactory. Son opted for a sushi dinner; I tried a bit of everything on his plate and was not impressed, but he declared it delicious and was very pleased. My wife and I chose items from the hibachi -- she with a side of salmon and mixed vegetables, I picked the hibachi scallop dinner. The chef was mildly entertaining, but more importantly a master of the grill. Wife allowed as how the salmon was very tasty, slightly crisped on the outside, but found the veggies a bit on the raw side, despite asking the chef to cook them a bit longer than usual. My plate was loaded first with fried rice and augmented with a generous helping of noodles, both of which were toothsome and flavorful. When he piled on a dozen or so fat scallops, I was stunned. They were cooked just right, seasoned nicely, and the three complemented each other perfectly. Summing up, I gave four stars based on a first-timer's enjoyment since I have no other basis for comparison. We are looking forward to returning and/or visiting some other Japanese restaurants in the area.

1  Thank Dave E
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

We went as I purchased a gift certificate from restaurant.com for CDPs Italian restaurant. We walked in and it was combined with the Kobe Hibachi restaurant. We were confused because nothing looked Italian including the menu. The waitress finally brought us the Italian menu so we gave it a try. We started with the fried veggies-they were fresh veggies hand breaded and were very good. We all ordered sandwiches that were all very good. Drink specials 2 for 1 were large, tasty and worth it. Service was ok, but nothing to rave about The hibachi side looked like fun, and they have coupons on their paper menus outside the restaurant. We will be back to try that side.

1  Thank RVTravelMama
Reviewed 22 April 2015

Would rate higher but the experience lowered the rating. Went here one Saturday afternoon simply for the sushi. The sushi was arguably one of the 5 best places that I've gone to. I'm no sushi guru but I have been to a good number and the taste and quality was great. However, the service was just lacking. Also, it was supposed to be 2 for 1 drinks but somehow the cost for that came to be $8??? A few days later, when checking my CC statement, I noticed that they charged more than what I signed for. Although the food was good, very hesitant to go back.

1  Thank R B
Reviewed 10 March 2015

I've eaten here before for their hibachi dinners which are good, but today I went there for lunch for the first time and ordered off of their Italian menu (also a first). I got an "Ultimate Grinder" and my friend got a chicken parm grinder. And I can say is WOW. That was a mighty good sandwich. The meat was real meat, not questionable deli type meat with tons of fillers, REAL MEAT and plenty of it. I wish I wasn't moving out of state because this would have easily become my go-to restaurant for a great sandwich.

1  Thank Sheri W

Been to Kobe Italian Japanese Steak House? Share your experiences!