“Excellent lunch”

Thai Oishi Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 481 Restaurants in Lakeland
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We ate here for lunch after church. I had the ground pork salad. Husband a couple sushi items. My dish reminded me of lettuce wraps deconstructed! Very flavorful and a good lunch portion. My husband likes to practice his Thai and said his sushi excellent. I loved the clean and beautiful interior and the clothes that were worn by all employees. The interior is small. I will return.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

The sushi is very fresh and so good. But I can not say enough good things about the whole red snapper. The fish was cooked perfectly and the spices were spot on.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Impromptu lunch date brought us here. We were not expecting to have one of the best lunches we have had in a long time! Delicious Thai dishes and a friendly, helpful staff to help navigate the menu/dishes if you are fairly new to Thai food. The BEST sushi we have had in Lakeland! YUMMO!!! Why did it take us so long to find this place?

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Delicious and fresh! Drama Queen and Philly sushi is a favorite. Definately quality cream cheese in the Philly. The pinapple chicken cashew fried rice is a wonderful profile of flavors! Try the ginger hot tea, so good I order it everytime Service is always impeccable.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We've eaten at Thai Oishi a number of times but it has been several months since last eating there. Unfortunately, if our recent experience is the new normal, things have deteriorated in terms of food quality. The beef was thoughtlessly overcooked, salads have no herbs whatsoever other than cilantro in them (and Thai salads without herbs aren't proper Thai food IMO,) noodles were overcooked and mushy, "sushi" rice was plain rice without proper sushi rice preparation with vinegar etc., coconut milk based soup stock was overly thin and bland. My overall impression was that management is cutting costs by skimping on ingredients because they're scared to raise prices. My vote is to raise prices 20% and up your game in the kitchen. Wait staff was up their usual fine standards, no complaints at all. All in all,the only reason to return is because you're feeling lazy and you don't feel like taking the effort to cook Thai yourself.

Pattharawadee C, Owner at Thai Oishi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hi WillL57. Sorry to hear that but its seem like you are complaining the whole thing of restaurant. I just wanna make sure that you went to the real Thai Oishi because we are still the same kitchen crew members and sushi guys. Thank you for your suggestion but Im not gonna raise the price neither lower the cost. We are always using the same high quality and fresh of products. Sometimes things can happen. You can return and get a new one. If you usually eaten here you should know us. Owner always at the restaurant. We always satisfied customer. Especially food quality. If Im lazy I won't be at the restaurant every single day. We are Thai Oishi in Lakeland. Thank you