“Efficient Friendly Tastey”

Keke's Breakfast Cafe
Ranked #34 of 517 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

A Saturday morning on a holiday weekend and this place was running like a Swiss watch. Plenty of staff, all of which were very welcoming. We had the southwest omelette and poached egg Florentine. Both of us were pleased and would go again to this establishment.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We came here prior to going to Watch the Detroit Tigers. We got here around 12 noon and there was about a 10 minute wait. We were warmly greeted, I must say that they discovered they had made a mistake with my omelette and let me know prior to bringing it to my table. The manager came to our to ensure our food was as we ordered. He apologize for the delay. My hat is off for the customer service that was given to my wife and I. Our food arrived HOT and it was good. Our service was excellent. I believe our waiter's name was Juan.

If you are in the Lakeland area, stop in at Keke's!!!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Keke's is today's modern version of the a neighborhood dinner. We have been to 2 locations and this location is one of the best. Service is good, friendly and our meals were HOT. HUGE bonus points.
Speaking of HUGE. The Pancakes are nothing but HUGE and they are awesome. Cooked evenly and nothing soggy. One pancake takes up an entire plate. My favorite is to order from their combo list. It let's you pick a few items to create the perfect dish for you. For me, it was 1 pancake, bacon and their home fries. One of my favorite sides is their home fries. They slice them thin, cook with onions and remind me of my mom's.
My mom ordered traditional eggs, home fries and an English muffin and says it is really good. Some people say, "How can you screw up breakfast"? Believe me, people do and glad Keke doesn't.
Few things that may help: this location is at the end of a busy Plaza however you can enter it from side street and there is a lot of parking. The inside isn't huge so during busy times there maybe a wait. They have sitting areas to wait outside and in. Once seated their booths are roomy (perfect for someone who needs or wants more elbow room).
Prices are normal for sit down breakfast items and worth it. Nothing like eating meals that actually taste like made to order food and not processed drive-thru stuff.
Oh and didn't forget to mention our waiter was awesome. Very attentive without be pushy. Even came by to warm up our coffee.

Overall, we will be coming back next time we are out.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

This is our favorite place in Lakeland for breakfast, lunch, great food and the servers are really friendly we are snow birds and really miss the breakfast and fruit we always have . Thanks so much Mike Zane and crew see ya in the fall .Rick and Florence LOPEZ

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 17 March 2018

The atmosphere wasn't very appealing. It was dingy looking. The service was good. The seating was very uncomfortable. I had the Apple Cinnamon Waffle. It was very dry. It was supposed to be stuffed with apples. The apples were very sparse and dry. What a disappointment. The bacon I ordered was tough and had a tough rind on the edge. A cup of coffee was $2.79. I tried a bite of a friends home fries and they were very good. They are WAY over priced for the food they serve. I wouldn't return.