“You can’t lose w/dinner for two coupon”
Review of Toojay's

Toojay's
Ranked #65 of 510 Restaurants in Lakeland
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Nicole was our waitress. What a pleasant server. Had a dinner for 2 for $24.99 coupon. Includes coffee, tea, or a soft drink, soup or salad, 2 entrees and a dessert to share. We both had the yummy chicken noodle soup which came with hot rye bread and butter. The wife had the broiled Cod. It came with a huge helping of cooked carrots and wild rice. I had the Shepherd’s pie topped w/melted Muenster cheese. We both had iced tea. Nicole offered to package up the slice of carrot cake we chose so we could bring it home for later. With tax and a 25% tip the bill was $33. What a tasty satisfying meal!

Tracy E, Owner at Toojay's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for the kind words! Our team works hard to serve delicious food with exceptional service, and it makes us very proud to know that the Crab Stuffed Cod and Toojay's Shepherd's Pie was so flavorful! Your five-star rating is truly appreciated!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We haven't been here in a long time, and we had a coupon, so we visited this afternoon. I had the french onion soup to start. It was ok, but not as good as french onion can be. It seemed a little weak. For entree, I chose the fish and chips. The fish was good, but so hot that it burned my tongue. Nonetheless, it was tasty. I'm not a fan of their fries, though. They are think and pretty tasteless. The coleslaw, too, was very bland. Finally, we had a piece of cake to share. We chose chocolate layer cake, and it was wonderful! So thumbs up on the cake and fish, thumbs down on soup, fries, and slaw. Service there tends to be slow; I think it's just taking them a while to cook the food.

Tracy E, Owner at Toojay's, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

We can do so much better than weak French Onion soup and tasteless fries, and are very disappointed to learn that we let you down. We appreciate your feedback, and would love the chance to speak to you further, if you would please email us directly at info@toojays.com, so that we can work to ensure your next visit with us is nothing short of perfect.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I don't even know where to start. There were 5 of us and 3 different employees approached us and told us they would seat us soon, that took about 20 minutes and we were considering leaving and going somewhere else. Now I wish we had! My husband and I had cod that waas supposed to have a lemon butter sauce, it came with no sauce and looked and tasted like it was right out if the microwave. Someone in our party had salmon and it was so fishy that everyone at the table could smell it. We didn't get any bread and when we asked for it the waitress said she was busy and just didn't bring and said " I'm just being honest", there were only 2 other tables that had people there at the time. The bill was $90 for this terrible experience. I guess from the other reviews the deli is good but I'm not going back to find out. This was a first and last for me. Too many good places to eat to risk this again.

Tracy E, Owner at Toojay's, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Making sure all of our guests are served promptly and efficiently is vital to us, so it's disappointing to hear that this was not your experience. We would like to speak about your concerns further, so please email us at info@toojays.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

You will love the fresh bagels and pastries. We have visited often and have enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner. The servings are generous and the decor very inviting. We have found that the waiters and staff to be friendly and have consistently provided excellent service.
Dinner comes with a fresh salad or homemade soup (We especially love the cabbage soup). Warm rye bread comes with dinner and if you want to take home a dozen bagels you can order them on your way in and they will be freshly made and warm to take home.
I highly recommend this restaurant. You will not be disappointed!

Tracy E, Owner at Toojay's, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Nothing but the best is what we love to offer our fantastic guests, so you can imagine how pleased we are to read that you always have five-star experience with us! Our entrées, freshly baked bagels, and Rye bread are all served with love, and we are so looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

It's not easy to seat a party of 15 and keep them happy all at once, but TooJay's succeeded. Food arrived very quickly, and all meals were correct, hot, and made to order. Our server was so attentive and friendly, and worked very closely with the parents/kids to ensure all parties were happy. My grilled cheese sandwich was good, and I saw lots of other things I'd like to try. Hope to visit this chain again, but particularly this location

Tracy E, Owner at Toojay's, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Our goal is to keep everyone happy, so we're thrilled to hear that we succeeded! We appreciate you sharing your kind words, and hope we'll see you again soon!