“Lunch date”

Cuban Delights Cafe
Ranked #68 of 480 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I had heard some good things about Cuban delight and for the most part they were true.
My wife and I chose to stop in there for a lunch date on a Friday. The place is very clean and the owner takes deserved pride in the neat tidy appearance. The restaurant is pretty typical of my Cuban sandwich shop experience as far as fare goes. The 2 young ladies out front looked to be family along with the owner. One was very friendly and smiled. The other young lady played with here cell phone and never acknowledged any customer first while we were there although she did help several.
My wife ordered the Cuban delight plate with black beans and I ordered the Cuban sandwich and also red beans and rice.
The order was ready in about 20 min and was hot when we got it. It smelled delicious.
We shared our orders. The Cuban delight plate was very tasty although I still struggle with the lack of spicy kick that I enjoy about other Spanish food from central and South America. The sandwich was one of the better Cuban sandwiches I have tried since moving to Florida.
If you are a person that likes Cuban food in general, you will probably really think this place is amazing ! I on the other hand am still searching for the unicorn that I keep being told is Cuban food in central Florida.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This was the first time we've gone here and we chose it from the good rating it had. Wow the 3 of us would highly recommend this place. The food was great and the cafe was nice. We'll definitely go back!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Great athmosphere, with a delicious selection of food, small location but a true hidden gem ! Definite visit

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We both had a .5 Cuban sandwich with rice and beans combo. It was more than enough food for a quick lunch. I don't know if they make their own bread, but it wasn't overly chewy like some you find. I rather enjoyed it, and would definitely rank it as one of the best Cuban sandwiches in town. We also tried their cheese arepas which were very tasty as well. It seemed like they update their menu regularly as there is a specials board and a handwritten menu on the wall. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Great service and delicious food. The restaurant is clean and the food was very good. We had a pork & rice dish and the flavor was amazing!