Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Yes, you really do get to fly the plane and do aerobatics!

Tom was a great instructor. Once you are off the ground you get control of the plane with his... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Chris M
Bondville, Vermont
A monument to brave men

Always wanted to fly a WW2 plane, the sound by itself is already worth the visit. My wife and... read more

Reviewed 5 September 2018
jberger150
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

All reviews minute flight barrel rolls flying experience ww ii once in a lifetime fantastic flight formation flying experienced pilot air museum highly recommended experience great museum video footage bucket list small museum amazing experience on display an adventure
Reviewed 3 April 2018

What a nicely presented museum, we had a spare afternoon and drove down to look at the aircraft. What I did not expect was to not only see a B17 but to be able to go into her and look all around by ourselves. Of course we were guided by a lovely little Jack Russel called ROCKET, a real character, he ran the place you know.
Going in nice reviews of WW2 and the Pacific then the aircraft, all immaculate.
The B17 made our day.

Thanks well worth the visit

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Was looking forward to this visit but was disappointed to see visitors who had not paid to go on the B17 were having a free for all. Witnessed 9 people do this therefore making the restoration funding lose out on 6 dollars each . Extra pissed off as I had paid for 3 .otherwise a great place to visit !

WarbirdAdventures_FL, Front Office Manager at Warbird Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Warbird Adventures appreciates your visit the review letting us know about the issue with the B-17 Tours. During your visit, we have since added a few signs letting guests know that the upgrade for "The Movie" Memphis Belle tours are offered as an "Extra" Upgrade to the normal ticket prices. I remember you warning me of the issue when you visited before and made sure to let the family you spoke of know about that specific rule. We happened to be short staffed the day of your visit as we usually have the B-17 Crew on the site of the airplane to offer more control of the tour situation. I apologize that it weighed down on your experience but I can assure that we are aware and prepared for future situations. Other than that issue, we are very glad you enjoyed the experience and appreciate the thoughtful review. We look forward to having you back for another visit as we have other Warbirds that tend to visit throughout the year. Come back and see us!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I did the 30 min flight. After taking off and getting away from the airport we started doing some aerobatics. The pilot would do it, then allow you to fly through the maneuver. Very cool. Be sure and don't eat much before going up. We did rolls and loops. I then flew us back to the airport, where the pilot took over and landed. It was a great experience and I really enjoyed it, despite being nervous when we started.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

If you've ever wanted to fly a WW II aircraft this is your chance. My wife bought me a 30 minute flight for my birthday. The pilot shows you how to do aerial tricks and then lets you preform them too. The site also has a WW II bemuse in the hangar to check out with some interesting history pieces. This experience was very cool & I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I came to Warbird Adventures to learn more about the infamous North American T-6/SNJ "Pilot Maker"; what I got was some of the best tailwheel instruction ever! While Thom's knowledge of T6 history, construction, and aerodynamic qualities is encyclopedic, his calm, analytical, but stimulating style of flight instruction makes for great aviation education. After a brief discussion of my previous flight experiences and my personal goals for a 5-hour course, we launched into a series of basic aerobatic maneuvers to demonstrate the T6's handling characteristics- what a ball! Simple rolls, loops, Half-Cubans, point rolls, all on the first flight!! Soon we covered a full stall series and started back for pattern and landing work- only to be joined by WA's 2nd aircraft for some formation instruction on the way back to the airport. This somewhat unanticipated pleasure was a real highlight of the course, and I was told that every effort is made to fly two-ship to/from the practice area if both WA aircraft are in the air. A runway closure at KISM meant *all* of our landing instruction was with 12-15kt crosswinds, which didn't seem to faze Thom (or the airplane) in the least! The T6 handled *exactly* as predicted in our generous preflight discussions. Soon I was making safe 3-point landings, still working on the style points. Wheel-landings were beautiful with well-serviced oleo struts, but I was quickly reminded that the best control of the airplane was with the tailwheel on the tarmac! Performance of short/soft/emergency procedures really made me feel like I was beginning to understand the soul of this legendary trainer. Throughout the course, Thom provided continuous coaching and occasional demonstration from the back seat, but the flying was all mine from the front. Finally, the icing on the cake was the beautiful video shot during our training sessions (with crystal-clear audio). These digital files will make the rounds at my home airport, I am sure... and will certainly provide me with some review material before my next session at Warbird Adventures.
And that may be with my own T6/SNJ...
For pilots, this course is highly recommended!