“Great place to see reefs”

Tilden's Scuba Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Full service training, charter, repair, hydro and retail scuba center. We start classes daily to fit your vacation plans. Scuba, SNUBA, Snorkeling, Spearfishing, Lobstering, Air/Nitrox Fills, Rentals, Retail and Repair...we have it all. No experience needed to breath underwater. We offer one day resort courses and SNUBA starting at age 8 yrs+. Class sizes are very small as we book your classes on demand. Over 30 reefs to dive from Sombrero to Coffins Patch. Night dives and our amazing Thunderbolt wreck Dive are available at your request. Stop in and meet the crew. We’d love to help you explore Marathon above and below our gorgeous water.
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Marathon is open for business. We have used Tilden's for snuba before and just went again. They are the best place ever! Now we want to get certificated for diving, which they also offer.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"captain and crew"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I completed my Open Water Certification with Tilden’s. I had an exceptional experience and am now hooked on diving. I can’t imagine a more friendly, competent, knowledgeable, and group of professionals. Wendy, Zack, Harley, and Cody were phenomenal.

Now that I’m purchasing my gear from within the Dive Shop, Jess’s knowledge and help in outfitting me is unparalleled. Nothing like the one one one expert attention and customer service provide.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We've been sending our tank Hydros to Tildens since after Irma and they have been absolutely amazing! Honest with their guess on a date of completion and great at working with us! I never really knew anything about dive shops in Marathon until now. Now I'll recommend everyone who says their diving in Marathon to Tildens!

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Today I booked onto a Tilden’s trip to Sombrero Reef to try SNUBA for the first time, together with my two children (ages 11 and 12). As non-divers who were excited to go beyond snorkeling and try a Scuba-like experience, I can’t recommend SNUBA, and particularly this this trip run by Tilden’s, highly enough.

First, with regards to SNUBA and Sombrero Reef, both are fantastic fun. The SNUBA experience is very safe and accessible, and a perfect way for non scuba-divers to experience a taste of something like real diving. Sombrero Reef itself was teeming with life, an incredible kaleidoscope of marine life, coral and fish of all shapes and colors imaginable. Hurricane Irma last autumn apparently swept a lot of ocean sediment away from the reef, exposing underwater canyons and nooks and crannies that make for thrilling underwater exploration. “Snubering the reef” is an experience we will never ever forget. My kids and I are still buzzing about it.

Second, with regards to Tilden’s, they ran a superb trip. The activity was organised and run very professionally with high regard to safety, both on the boat and during the dive. Our two super-friendly instructors, Wendy and Harley, did an outstanding job, and especially with my two children, both of whom were a bit nervous at the prospect of going deep underwater. They were very patient, hugely attentive, encouraging and supportive, and ultimately got both children down underwater, breathing and swimming comfortably and confidently, and enjoying all that the reef had to offer. I can’t thank them enough - not too much to say that between them, Wendy and Harley delivered for us the stand-out experience of our entire holiday. If we are ever back in the Florida Keys, we will most certainly be coming back here.

#makingmemorieswithtildens