Open today: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Review Highlights
These guys are great.

My experience with the Better Than Most crew was simply outstanding. It was my wife's first open... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
mikelO488SC
Better than Most is the Best of the Best!

I keep having to write reviews because every experience is excellent! The crew at Better than Most... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Star D
Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Recommended experiences in and around Marathon
from $39.00
from $49.00
from $99.00
from $165.00
More Info
All reviews captain dan banana bay resort highly recommend this group dive trip refresher course great reefs mini season open water dives great diving experience reef sharks fish ocean dive these guys entire crew smaller boat dive sites trip fun
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2022

We did a lobster dive out on the reef in Marathon and it was AWESOME!! Jeannie, Swanky, and Capt. Dan were super, very professional, knowledgable and helpful, while boat and equipment was clean and well kept! Totally exceeded my expectations in every way, can’t wait to go out with them again.

Reviewed August 7, 2022 via mobile

Caught lobster pot lines on props coming in to Duck Key. Called Schwenke, and he was at the boat in an hour. He is
an expert professional. He went above and beyond, and is simply a delightful person to know. He saved our trip.

Reviewed August 5, 2022 via mobile

We’ve been in the Keys for a few months and would have traveled 50 miles in either direction to experience a quality Open Dive certification course. This is a family run business and you’re treated as an invited guest to a family dinner. They are 100% safety oriented and the boat captain and dive masters spend lots of time explaining boat procedures, dive procedures and dive sites. During my course I was able to dive on 4 different sites with 2 different dive masters. They had different styles and explained things slightly differently, which I found really helpful because over the 4 day period, everything that they said really sunk in. Would I recommend them? Yes. I’m hoping to sign-up my grown children and their spouses when they visit the Keys again.

Reviewed August 3, 2022

I were in Florida for work and only had a little time to see the sights, which I spent on a "discover scuba" course.

Having no experience with snorkling, scuba diving or even swimming in the ocean, I'm very happy that I went with Better Than Most. Jeanie, Schwenke, Dan and Harvey(?) really know how to show you a good time and make sure you are safe.

The instruction was amazing. The atmosphere on the boat was great.
On top of the diving, we got to see dolphins, since they were on the lookout and took the time to circle the boat.
They even took a bunch of very nice pictures - other places would surely have charged me extra for that.

After the trip I heard a couple of experienced divers talking about it being really well run.

I got the feeling that this is the shop where the native Floridans and "people in the know" go to dive.

Date of experience: July 2022
1  Thank JakobFromDenmark
Reviewed August 3, 2022 via mobile

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Better than Most Watersports DELIVERED!! Schwenke, Jeanie, Captain Dan and Hayden were the best crew to go diving with. Good instruction, clean boat and very personable and professional. Returned calls and texts promptly. Will not go to any other outfitter than these guys. We saw dolphins, rays, reef sharks, goliath grouper, snapper and so much more !! Hayden pointed out so many things under water! They gave us local food and drink recommendations for the after party. Truly a lucky find!!!