Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
10/10 would recommend

We have been diving with these guys for five years! You won’t find anyone who works harder to show... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
mollyscholes
Charleston, Illinois
via mobile
Great diving experience

My family and I decided to try scuba and we had a awesome experience! I was certified over 20... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Tyanero
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Marathon
from US$99.00
from US$112.10
from US$99.00
from US$389.50
More Info
All reviews captain dan scuba diving paddle boarding banana bay resort refresher course open water dives great operation lobster amazing reef smaller boat entire crew saw lots of fish great dive highly recommend this company nurse sharks wonderful trip dive shop
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2019

The morning I spent diving Sombrero Reef with Better Than Most was my favorite part of visiting the Keys. From the moment I arrived, Schwenke, Jeanie, Captain Dan, and Scott were all incredibly friendly and welcoming, and more than happy to teach. Especially as a new, inexperienced diver, I appreciated the smaller, family-style operation and felt safer and more relaxed in their company than I ever have on a dive. Scott was a fantastic divemaster, and pointed out all kinds of cool and interesting creatures I would never have spotted otherwise. The reef itself was surreal--Marathon is a must for anyone visiting the Keys. 11/10 recommend Better Than Most, no matter which activity you're considering, whether you're a new diver like me or an experienced technical diver like some of the folks I met on my trip. Very grateful I came across them, and looking forward to my next chance to go back!

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 12 November 2019

Captain Dan, Schwenke and Jeanie were an amazing crew and took us to two areas on the ocean. each place we snorkeled for an hour. First was the Delta Shoal and second was Sombrero Reef. Both were different but amazing. I highly recommend this company for snorkeling and will book a trip with them the next time I am in the Keys

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 2 November 2019

I enjoy going up and down the Keys diving with different dive shops, and these folks really are, as their name says, better than most. It's a small outfit, so you get a very personal vibe from the operation. The people are simultaneously warm, friendly, and very professional. Better Than Most is one of the newer watersports business in the Keys, but the people who run it have been doing this for a long time and really know what they're doing. I've gone diving with both Schwenke and Jeannie (the owners) on different trips, and I felt super-safe with each of them as both Divemasters and guides. Captain Dan is the best; he knows what he's doing and inspires confidence.
If you’re just starting out diving or snorkeling in the Keys you couldn’t pick a better, friendlier group to start with. If you have been out with other dive outfits, try Better Than Most on your next trip; they’ll earn their way onto your list of favorites.
Even if I’m somewhere else in the Keys I’ll make it a point to drive to Marathon and spend at least one day with them. Highly recommended - definitely a five-star outfit.

Reviewed 1 November 2019

This was to be our inaugural Scuba trip for my wife who had spent the Summer becoming certified and skilled as an open water diver. We originally had scheduled to Dive with a ("will remain Nameless)other dive shop but their dive boat was down. So we ended up on the doorstep of BTMWS. IT WAS FATE!! we had the best possible time we could have imagined. This is a combination of events that bring us to this conclusion. First I do not write reviews, but I will for family. That's what they became, for just a brief moment in our vacation time, we felt like we were with family. That's how they will treat you, They will be sincerely attentive to your scuba level without being overbearing or condescending.We dove with them ten dives over the course of 7 days. They were always energetic and mindful of all on board. The prices were reasonable and we would gladly have paid more to dive with them. We will be diving with them again. "Cant wait to get home"
Regards, "Birthday Girl and Roger That"

Reviewed 30 October 2019 via mobile

Super friendly owner, had a great time paddle boarding. I highly recommend this hidden gem. Next time I come to the Keys I'll be coming here for snorkeling and diving.