Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
10/10 would recommend

We have been diving with these guys for five years! You won’t find anyone who works harder to show... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
mollyscholes
Charleston, Illinois
via mobile
Great diving experience

My family and I decided to try scuba and we had a awesome experience! I was certified over 20... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Tyanero
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Marathon
from US$99.00
from US$112.10
from US$99.00
from US$389.50
More Info
All reviews captain dan scuba diving paddle boarding banana bay resort refresher course open water dives great operation lobster amazing reef smaller boat entire crew saw lots of fish great dive highly recommend this company nurse sharks wonderful trip dive shop
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2019

Three of us did a 2 tank morning trip with Better Than Most the last week of September and I highly recommend this group. I booked the trip with Schwenke and we dove with Jeannie, and Capt. Dan. All three have been in the area a long time, are very well respected and have a ton of diving experience.

They stressed safety, gave us a very good dive brief and clearly laid out the specifications of the dive. While they are one of the newer dive operators in the area, but as already mentioned they are very experienced and extremely professional. If you ever find yourself in the Marathon area needing a dive trip, these are the people you should call. Next time we are in the area, we are definitely using them.

1  Thank ibskiing
Reviewed 27 September 2019

Took a chance on a fairly new dive company. Best decision we have ever made. Captain Dan (not Lieutenant) gave a informative pre-departure brief before leaving the dock. Jeannie (Dive Master) gave an even better dive brief while enroute to our first dive site. Then at our first stop, Capt. Dan again gave us a dive profile that included where to go, current direction, and other site specific information.

There were 3 of us in our group and one rented his BC, regulator, and weights. The BC they provided was brand new, Jeannie said he was actually the very first person to wear it.

The dive company people were super friendly, outgoing, and approachable.

If we come to the Keys to dive again we will look no where else but to Better Than Most Watersports for our diving adventures

2  Thank d2onfltru
Reviewed 15 September 2019

My boyfriend and I went today and it was my first time ever! I had a blast! They take you to the best spots and you will see a huge variety of fish and corals!!!! I was amazed at the beauty! I'm also not the best swimmer but they made it easy for me with a noodle to help me float so I could just relax and watch the wonders!!! Really friendly people they make you feel super comfortable and safe. Awsome experience for a great price!

Reviewed 4 September 2019

Schwenke, Jeannie, and Capt. Dan are the best. We dived with them 2 days, 4 tanks. Jeannie was our dive guide. If you are a diver and visiting the Keys, you must dive with these folks. You will not be disappointed. Next time I visit the Keys, I will definitely dive again with Better Than Most.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 20 August 2019

First off, Jeannie, Capt Dan, and Swanky are amazing. Customer service at it's finest. Prices are so reasonable. Each team member has many, many years of dive and boating experience. Took us to the finest reefs. We spent plenty of time at each. As native Floridian's, we can honestly say, this was the best snorkeling experience we have ever had. I need to mention, when we got there, I realized, since I wear glasses, I probably wouldn't be able to see very far and I was disappointed. Swanky surprised me and said they had lens that fit in the mask for every prescription strength! He let me try a few to get the right view and viola, I could see underwater, as if I was wearing my glasses!!! This made the trip worthwhile before we even left. I doubt any other dive company would provide this service and if they did, they would most likely charge. This company provided them for free. There were scuba divers on our trip. They did their thing with Jeannie and we were free to explore the reef on our own, with Capt Dan keeping a watchful eye on us. They stated for the past 2 months, they ran all the tours at max capacity(14 people). Since the kids were back in school, we only had 4 on our trip, me and my husband and a dad and daughter. I was so impressed they still took us out with just the four of us. As for the reefs, I have never seen so many tropical fish in one place. Highlight was an 8 ft nurse shark which swam right under me! We followed a school of blue tang (at least 40) swim around the reef. This excursion was the highlight of our 5 days in Marathon. Pls, if you are new to scuba or snorkeling or a old pro, just go with them!

Date of experience: August 2019