Lowest prices for your stay
$499
Hotels.com$499
Travelocity
Agoda.com$544
1,390 results
All reviews key west sombrero beach nice pool watch the sunset fish marathon key marina grounds property keys jasmine boat hammocks fl dock
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2022

I don's even know where to start. This resort is amazing. It could not have been any more perfect for us. My husband and I went here for our 6th anniversary. Everyone was so kind from check in to check out. You have access to this beautiful sandy ocean front bar at night. The hotel offers FREE bikes and fishing equipment. They had everything we could possibly need to fish out back by the bar. Angel and Jodi were absolutely amazing at the front desk. They had some great recommendations for food. If you stay here you MUST go to Overseas for dinner, they have the best fish tacos we have ever had. A HUGE shout out to Jay the bartender at the beach bar. He was so kind and so friendly. He told us to check out Blue Hole as a day trip on our way to Bahia Honda State park and we were so happy that we did. On our last night he asked what our wedding song was and played it at the beach bar. He was most definitely our favorite part of the resort. Kudos!!!!! Cant wait to come back!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Christopher Dorsey, General Manager at Banana Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2022

Dear amoore145,

Thank you so much for your review! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Banana Bay and were taken great care of by Angel, Jodi, and Jay. Again, I thank you for your comments, and I look forward to welcoming you back for another anniversary!

Reviewed October 11, 2022

The only downfall to our stay here, was we had to leave back to the cold Ohio fall. Everything was fabulous. From the clean rooms, to being a prime location and close to everything Marathon has to offer. The front desk manager Angel was awesome, he took the time to explain everything to us during check in, including where to park our trailer, and showed us where everything was on the map. He is an asset to the team. As well as the bartender Jay, he was so friendly, and very engaged with his customers. We had the chance to meet the GM Chris as well, it means the world to people when management takes the time to meet and Interact with guests. We stayed 4 nights, and had the best time. We will definately be back. Not only because of the cleanliness of the property but more so the welcoming and outstanding service and interactions we received from the staff. If I could score the service a 10 , I would. Thanks for a trip and memories our family will remember for a lifetime!!! See ya next time!!!!!!!

1  Thank Melissa C
Christopher Dorsey, General Manager at Banana Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2022

Dear melissac V3954NH,

Thank you for the 5-star review. We appreciate your additional feedback! I am glad you thoroughly enjoyed the amenities, our beautiful property, and the service Angel and Jay provided. We hope you will be able to B back quickly!

Reviewed October 11, 2022

I took my mother, grandmother and baby nephew for a spontaneous trip in key west. Found this hotel and booked it online - called around 6pm to see if i can check in at any time, i was told YES! I arrived around 1 am, my family is exhausted at this point, i went to check in and front desk agent, QUEEN, advised there is an additional 100$ resort fee as well as their system is down at the moment to give them 10 min. we waited and still the system was "down", we offered to pay cash, but she denied that. We offered for her to hold our credit card and/or license and we can clear up the issue in the morning (at this point they already got paid $300 but need the additional 100) - she wasn't authorized to make this decision, so she contacted property manager, ANGEL RIVERA, who refused to accommodate us in the middle of the night due to their system being down. This was completely unethical of ANGEL and BANANA BAY RESORT! This left my family, and I stranded in the middle of the night hours from home. We slept in the car that night. Queen also reassured us we will not be charged due to us not staying there and still my account is being charged. I disputed it and Banana Bay decided they were going to deny my dispute. ANGEL really left me stranded and still refuse to issue a refund.

Room tip: Please save yourself and choose another resort/hotel, I wish I knew better, but I do now, and I will be telling everyone this same message.
Date of stay: August 2022

Dear DANNDANN4,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Banana Bay. We strive to provide our guests with extraordinary experiences in every facet of their stay. Again, I apologize for your disappointing experience and would like to discuss your stay further; please reach out to me at 305 743 3500 or by email at christopher.dorsey@bananabay.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.

General Manage

Reviewed October 9, 2022

Bed was good location good Jodi at the front desk was 5 stars plus close to great restaurants and 1 hour from key west the steak and lobster restaurant was within walking distance, Home Depot right across the street what else can you ask for.

Room tip: Beware there is a 45 dollar a day resort fee on top of your rate, very disappointing.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Christopher Dorsey, General Manager at Banana Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2022

Dear jackrK4497PS,

Thank you for taking the time to share such excellent feedback about our Resort. I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful experience! I will be sure to share your comments with Jodi and the team. We hope to see you again in the Florida Keys.

Reviewed October 6, 2022 via mobile

Pro: The tiki bar and the bartender running it. Best frozen drinks I’ve ever had, coming from someone who doesn’t like sweet drinks. My boyfriend only likes sweet drinks, and also loved them.
The view from the bed.
Cons: infested with roaches. We killed a few, one in the hall (see photos) and it has been there the past 3 days. Point is, the place is filthy. Not just the bugs, but our king balcony room with Marina views was so dirty. Stained couch, footprints and dirt on the walls, and caked up dust on the ceiling fan. I don’t think they have EVER cleaned it. The hot tub was filled with stuff from the trees to the point you couldn’t see any water. The pool was the kicker. Typically you smell the y to know it’s clean….not here. They use very little, and the water smells of urine. This place is only getting any stars because of the bar and bartender outside. I highly recommend staying elsewhere. Also, the beds are super old, and ours had half the bed sunken in. Just very filthy place.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear dawnbaron11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Banana Bay Resort and for expanding on your experience with us. I truly appreciate your insight and how you precisely described some of our areas for improvement.

It is regrettable that you felt that you received less than stellar-service from our team. I place great importance on taking care of our guest's needs, and efforts are currently underway to train our team to improve their response to our guests' needs. We are also making changes to address some of the specific issues you mentioned.
Thank you again for your candid review. It has been very helpful, and I wish you all the best.